GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Radiohead album announced"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/03/03 at 19:41
Regular
June 10

"Hail to The Thief"

2 + 2 = 5
Sit Down. Stand Up.
Sail To The Moon
Backdrifts
Go To Sleep
Where I End And You Begin
We Suck Young Blood
The Gloaming
There There
I Will
A Punch-Up at a Wedding
Myxamatosis
Scatterbrain
A Wolf At The Door

"There, there" released on May 28th as 1st single.
----
Might be alright, might be Kraftwerk crap again.
We'll see.
Tue 25/03/03 at 08:28
"possibly impossible"
Am I the only person who thought Pablo Honey was the best album they did? It's raw sounding, rocky (not that warbling trash from later on) and edgy. Yes, I loved The Bends, but I still feel that there was more emotion in Pablo Honey that anything they've done since.
Tue 25/03/03 at 09:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
SHEEPY wrote:
> You're lucky, you got to be a fan through Ok Computer. I was still
> picking my nose in primary school
---

I saw them at The Astoria just as The Bends came out, that gig was released as a video but I'm at the back smoking.
Loved The Bends and I remember trotting down to HMV to get OK Computer on my lunchbreak the day it came out.
Got it home that night and sat and listened to it and thought "..er..this is strange", but it revealed itself over the next few weeks.
Which is why I stuck as Kid A for so long, I thought "Well OK Computer took a few listens before I got it, soooo...."
But even now, there's a couple of tracks I can listen to, the rest just annoy me.

I'll get the new one, but I just hope it's not tired techno-toss
Tue 25/03/03 at 09:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
OK Computer is easily their best work to date. It works flawlessly without any of the other albums dictating the style of music they play. The Bends needed Pablo Honey to establish them as a rock act, but OK Computer was so far removed from any of their previous efforts it's hard to even imagine they were done by the same band. It's a shame because I don't think they'll ever better it, so they're trying too hard to morph into a different band again.
Tue 25/03/03 at 10:40
Regular
"Not your monkey"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I think Pablo Honey is pretty poor

I like Pablo Honey, its one of my favourites. 'Vegetable', 'Creep' and 'Thining about you' are great. I struggle to think of a bad track on there actually. Same with the bends and Ok Computer.

I struggle to find ones I like on the more recent albums though. I bought them and gave them to my brother.

Then theres other tracks like 'Bishops Robes' and that 'El president' track which I like too.
Tue 25/03/03 at 12:55
Regular
"Acid Casual"
YAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.........

Sorry, someone mention da'Head?

Back to sleep then for me.
Tue 25/03/03 at 14:00
"Darkness, always"
I've never liked a single thing these muppets have done. Why anyone likes their droning excuse for music and song is beyond me.
Tue 25/03/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm always amused at the fact people need to expend the effort to announce how much they dont care.
Tue 25/03/03 at 14:28
"Darkness, always"
What's wrong with expressing a negative opinion?
Tue 25/03/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Nowt wrong with it, I find it funny.
Wouldnt it be easier to just avoid the thread?

I dont bother to post in Sport because I dont like sport
Tue 25/03/03 at 14:40
"Darkness, always"
Goatboy wrote:
> I dont bother to post in Sport because I dont like sport

But I post here because I like music, read books, go to the cinema and watch TV. If people only posted to nod their heads in agreement, the forums would be somewhat boring...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.