GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Townie Hawks: Pro Gangster"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/03/03 at 18:43
Regular
Townie Hawks: Pro Gangster

You will all have played a Tony Hawks: Pro Skater game at some point in your life. It is an unwritten rule of our generation. However with more spin-off games and companies trying to appeal to different and seemingly unreachable groups, I present to you – Townie Hawks: Pro Gangster. The Tony Hawks games revolve around skating but Pro Gangster will be based around robberies, mugging a looking well ‘ard.

The game will, of course, take place on a number of different levels. There are set to include:-

- The local high-street at night
- The Rockport shop in town
- A random bus shelter
- School. (Only after it is closed though)
- The dole office
- A sweatshop in Brighton

However no level would be complete without tasks or mission to undergo. And Townie Hawks: Pro Gangster is bursting with them.

Instead of collecting the S,K,A,T,E letters, like you do on all Tony Hawks games, you are to collect giant letters spelling I,N,N,I,T. However these cannot simply be obtained by walking over them, oh no, you have to steal a car from an old man in a wheelchair and drive the car into a community centre filled with girl guides. You kidnap several of the kids and use them as baseball bats to swipe at the giant letters until you have smashed it up, along with the girl guides face.

Another popular aspect of the Tony Hawks games in the trick contests, however Pro Gangster will do things a little differently. Instead of seeing how many cool tricks you can pull off in a 2-minute time limit you will see how many people you can needless wallop around the face with a crowbar. Extra marks will be given for combos (Look for bus queues and pension lines) and if you can assault AND rob someone you get a 500-point bonus.

Something else included in most of the Pro Skater games is helping someone with a task, but in the name of uttermost controversy, things will be a little warped in Townie Hawks. You will be helping someone, but for entirely different reasons. You will help your mate in his ploy to ram-raid the local cash and carry and steal booze, cigs and the cash register. You will have to put masking tape over the security cameras and beat the crap out of the 75 year old security guard who will try to stop you. Bonus points if you get his credit card too.

In Tony Hawks 4 you have to collect the hats of 5 policemen for one of the tasks. This will be paralleled into Pro Gangster in a more, erm, illegal way. You have to steal 5 old women’s handbags before the 60 seconds time limit expires. You can do this by any means, force, stealth or the old, “look over there” trick. Once you have the 5 bags you can rifle through and get any useful items like credit cards, pension books and curlers.

Of course various other violent and illegal activities will be included in the game, but it makes you wonder what Activision will lend their name to next!

Hope you enjoyed
-kyz22-
Thu 27/03/03 at 00:18
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Bloody hell! Gameaday = a nice thing, don't ruin it by whining about how whatever post wasn't good enough.

Is it just me or does this happen more often now? Be happy for the winner, if you consider you've "lost", firstly think about why you're posting and then remember there's another one everyday.

Oh, and yeah, I am being a preaching Grandad.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Typed it out quickly :-p - I never re-read the things I type on SR
> unless it is a post or review.

So, everything then.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:24
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Ah thats what I thought you meant at first but I didnt know it would be blocked by the swear filter. It shouldn't really be blocked at all.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:22
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Put a and nal together. The space is to fool the swear filter.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:16
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
A nal? Sounds like something bum-oriented.

What is a 'nal'?
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:07
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
"Pro Gangster will be based around robberies, mugging a looking well ‘ard. "

From the post.

And I'm not talking about the "'ard" bit. But I'm just being a nal. And not that sort of a nal.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:05
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Typed it out quickly :-p - I never re-read the things I type on SR unless it is a post or review.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:04
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Kyz22 wrote:
> intend on persuing a career as a writer.

Not with that spelling and grammar...
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:02
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Phi11ip - I enjoy writing and intend on persuing a career as a writer. Is writing and reading a load of things from a young age not a good practise? The faster I am able to develop my writing skills, the easier getting recognised as a writer will be. At the moment I have nothing set to write about so I write things for special reserve, it is a bonus to me that I win games from it. I enjoy getting feedback on what I write so I know if it is good or bad for next time. Of course I do coursework and revision as well and when it comes down to it, that is more important. I write for leisure instead of watching TV or hanging around on street corners like other people do. It is a good use of my leisure time and I feel it is both productive and entertaining and therefore cannot find a flaw with it.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:02
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
:-D quit wasting time on a message board if you have so much work to do. You're as bad as each other.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.