GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good Luck lads - come home safe"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/03/03 at 02:51
Regular
I'm sat here watching ITN's coverage of the Iraq situation.

Bush's deadline passed some time ago now, and there's just the first signs of hostilities beginning, with anti-aircraft weapons being seen and heard on the live coverage.

I'm 50/50 over the whole thing. I believe Saddam needs removing, but am unconvinced that this particular action is actually being done for the right reasons.

Regardless of what any of us think, this thing is going to happen, and I hope at least some of you will join me in wishing 'Our Boys' good luck for a swift and effective campaign, and hope that they all get home safe to their families as soon as possible.
Thu 20/03/03 at 12:05
"Darkness, always"
Could happen, and then Ultra Magnus would take the Matrix and hope that it would light the Autobot's darkest hour.

And then... UNICRON!!!!
Thu 20/03/03 at 12:02
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
er-no wrote:
> I hope Prime gets him.
>
> http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=3828

What a moron, I'd laugh if an Iraqi soldier called Megatron shot Mr Prime.
Thu 20/03/03 at 12:00
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I support their boys as much as I support our boys.
Thu 20/03/03 at 11:52
"Darkness, always"
Oh dear God.

These people are handed weapons with live ammunition?
Thu 20/03/03 at 11:46
Regular
"everyone says it"
I hope Prime gets him.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=3828
Thu 20/03/03 at 09:29
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:
> I hope that *all* soldiers get to go home to their families, not just
> ours.

I hope that all the Iraqi soldiers (mainly the Special Republican Guard) who have murdered their own civilians, decimated the Kurds and generally supported Saddam's tyranny get blown to smithereens.

As for the "regular" army made up of conscripts, who are already deserting in their droves, I too share your opinion. Our fight is not with them and therefore if both the allies and the Iraqi regulars did not fire a single shot at each other, I'd be happy.

The problem with this war is how clinical it needs to be. It is a war within a war that we are planning to fight. Saddam has a core following of 100,000-200,000 loyal troups, who have carried out his dastardly deads over the last few decades. They are the main target; the rest of the Iraqi people (including the army and obviously the civilians) would be happy to see them disposed of too. But some innocents will doubtless perish through "collatoral damage" and by the hand of Saddam's spite. There have, as we know, been several attempted and unsuccessful uprisings, which we woefully neglected to support, whose aim was to rid Iraq of their tyrannical dictator. They knew that bloodshed would be ineviatable, but were willing to try, or die. I'm not saying that our "noble" cause is to finally undertake this uprising ourselves but at least, there is a chance for Iraq to (rebuild) start buidling a new society after the war ends.

That is when the allied Nations need to committ both time and money, to ensure that the new regime is an improvement on the old one. Otherwise the whole venture would be pointless.
Thu 20/03/03 at 09:02
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
What a dreadful world.
Thu 20/03/03 at 08:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I hope that *all* soldiers get to go home to their families, not just ours.
Thu 20/03/03 at 08:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I second your feelings Wookie. I am hoping for a quick and easy conflict of course with as little civilians killed as possible. I also hope the Iraq army surrenders to us, so we do not need to fight them.
Thu 20/03/03 at 07:44
Regular
Good luck. And God pray that no civilians get hurt or even killed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.