GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good Luck lads - come home safe"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/03/03 at 02:51
Regular
I'm sat here watching ITN's coverage of the Iraq situation.

Bush's deadline passed some time ago now, and there's just the first signs of hostilities beginning, with anti-aircraft weapons being seen and heard on the live coverage.

I'm 50/50 over the whole thing. I believe Saddam needs removing, but am unconvinced that this particular action is actually being done for the right reasons.

Regardless of what any of us think, this thing is going to happen, and I hope at least some of you will join me in wishing 'Our Boys' good luck for a swift and effective campaign, and hope that they all get home safe to their families as soon as possible.
Thu 20/03/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> On a slightly lighter note, Saddam has urged the Iraqi people to
> "strike down the enemy with your swords".

An Iraqi with a sword vs an American soldier with a rifle. Wonder who would win that fight.............or am i taking things too literally again?
Thu 20/03/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Just watching the news, they're saying that many Iraqi soldiers are thinking of surrendering due to them all being conscripts, them having a lack of food and no training...

Could be propaganda, we must remember that...

But a farmer in Iraq was saying that he had people coming down from the hills looking for food...

He also said that 3 soldiers did a 'runner' towards Allied forces because they wanted out. They were shot by their own men.

If they do desert, they're saying that as many as 60,000 of them will do it at once.
Thu 20/03/03 at 13:26
"High polygon count"
John.J wrote:
> And God pray that no civilians get hurt or even killed.

Indeed. There has just been footage of injured, and reports of one civilian death. But, in all honesty, I don't know how much of it to believe is genuine. Obviously there will be injuries, but even if there weren't, I wouldn't put it past Saddam to have his own troops injure or kill people for propaganda purposes.

That aside, I think civilian deaths and injuries are inevitable, if only because - if you believe reports - Saddam has again positioned legitimate targets in civilian areas.

It's going to be a messy conflict all round - not just in terms of lives lost.

Stop the world, I wanna get off.
Thu 20/03/03 at 13:14
"High polygon count"
The media are distorting things again, I see.

"Thousands of pounds of explosives were launched" they say, while showing the launch of a single Cruise Missile on a repeating loop.

"Airstrikes Begin" say the BBC. No, they haven't - one or two previously unplanned attacks on specific "targets of opportunity".

This thing is going to be bad enough, without the media exaggerating the situation. From what I've read and heard, when the airstrikes really do begin, there'll be no mistaking it.

On a slightly lighter note, Saddam has urged the Iraqi people to "strike down the enemy with your swords".

Anyone else have visions of *that* scene in Indiana Jones?
Thu 20/03/03 at 12:56
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Goatboy wrote:
> These jarhead retards are more like The Gobots.

Ha ha, excellent! I remember the Gobots! Even the name looks retarded.
Thu 20/03/03 at 12:40
Regular
"Not your monkey"
er-no wrote:
> http://www.winkleman.co.uk/war.html

Heh, interesting.
Thu 20/03/03 at 12:27
Regular
"everyone says it"
http://www.winkleman.co.uk/war.html
Thu 20/03/03 at 12:08
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Then the Matrix would be opened by Rodimus Prime, formorly Hot Rod, to destroy Unicron and save Cybertron.

But the greatest transformer of them all, Optrimus Prime, will return.
Thu 20/03/03 at 12:07
"Darkness, always"
The Gobots were gay.

GAY GAY GAY.
Thu 20/03/03 at 12:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
These jarhead retards are more like The Gobots.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.