GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football boots?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 19:09
Regular
Time has come for me to get a new pair of football boots.

I still play football quite a bit, most weeks at uni on these artificial grass pitches and I also play some weeks for another team on grass or on artificial grass.
So I need a pair of boots with moulded studs.

At the moment I have a pair of predators from a few years back, nice red ones.
I paid quite a bit for them but there are reasons for that.
I have a bad ankle and foot, from experience with cheapy boots I found they do more damage than good to my ankle. Had to send a pair of reebok boots back as the studs came through the boots and went into my foot, so the money they sent went towards my predators the first time round.

So I am not bothered about having to pay a bit more for a decent pair of boots, I had a look in a few shops and so far have seen a few pairs I like.
First the older predators (precision I think they are called) but nowhere sells them anymore.
Also a pair of Nike boots (like the ones Rio Ferdinand wears)

What I want to know is if anyone wears either and if they are comfortable and last long.
Or if anyone wears others they would recomend and lastly if anyone knows of any good cheap webpages that sell them.

Cheers for any help and advice.
Thu 20/03/03 at 15:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Found a website that lets you personalise your boots (add a name and number on the boot) but they don't have my size in the ones I want :-(

Going to go look around Glasgow next day I have a bit of free time and see if there is anything worth buying.

Main contenders are a pair of red and white nike boots for £45
Unless I can find anything better I'll get them
Thu 20/03/03 at 13:44
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Shearers or Owens Umbro boots are quite good, and they certainly do the job for you.

Comfortable, etc. I've got a pair of 'em (had them for a few years), and I've had no problems with them.

It might be time for me to look for some new ones now though...
Wed 19/03/03 at 23:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Get Vieri's custom-made Diadora boots. Only £70.

Or Rivaldo's Mizuno ones. About that too.

All the amazing players seem to have crap makes making stunning boots for them. :-D
Wed 19/03/03 at 21:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I've had two pairs of predators, seem to have noticed a big change in the location of the rubber bits on them. I just don't like the look of the new ones (although I have seem some variation in the new ones and some look cool)
Wed 19/03/03 at 21:24
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
AliBoy wrote:
> Don't really like the new predators, bit to plain and dull.

You must be joking.
Wed 19/03/03 at 21:22
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Don't really like the new predators, bit to plain and dull.
Wed 19/03/03 at 21:18
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
AliBoy wrote:
> Time has come for me to get a new pair of football boots.
>
> I still play football quite a bit, most weeks at uni on these
> artificial grass pitches and I also play some weeks for another team
> on grass or on artificial grass.
> So I need a pair of boots with moulded studs.
>
> At the moment I have a pair of predators from a few years back, nice
> red ones.
> I paid quite a bit for them but there are reasons for that.
> I have a bad ankle and foot, from experience with cheapy boots I found
> they do more damage than good to my ankle. Had to send a pair of
> reebok boots back as the studs came through the boots and went into my
> foot, so the money they sent went towards my predators the first time
> round.
>
> So I am not bothered about having to pay a bit more for a decent pair
> of boots, I had a look in a few shops and so far have seen a few pairs
> I like.
> First the older predators (precision I think they are called) but
> nowhere sells them anymore.
> Also a pair of Nike boots (like the ones Rio Ferdinand wears)
>
> What I want to know is if anyone wears either and if they are
> comfortable and last long.
> Or if anyone wears others they would recomend and lastly if anyone
> knows of any good cheap webpages that sell them.
>
> Cheers for any help and advice.

I have got the new David Beckham white Predators, but they cost £150.If you want to buy Rio Ferdinand's boots, they are called 'Nike Total 90's, they are about £30 for the fake pair and £90 for the real pair.I have the real pair in trainers.
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:09
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Time has come for me to get a new pair of football boots.

I still play football quite a bit, most weeks at uni on these artificial grass pitches and I also play some weeks for another team on grass or on artificial grass.
So I need a pair of boots with moulded studs.

At the moment I have a pair of predators from a few years back, nice red ones.
I paid quite a bit for them but there are reasons for that.
I have a bad ankle and foot, from experience with cheapy boots I found they do more damage than good to my ankle. Had to send a pair of reebok boots back as the studs came through the boots and went into my foot, so the money they sent went towards my predators the first time round.

So I am not bothered about having to pay a bit more for a decent pair of boots, I had a look in a few shops and so far have seen a few pairs I like.
First the older predators (precision I think they are called) but nowhere sells them anymore.
Also a pair of Nike boots (like the ones Rio Ferdinand wears)

What I want to know is if anyone wears either and if they are comfortable and last long.
Or if anyone wears others they would recomend and lastly if anyone knows of any good cheap webpages that sell them.

Cheers for any help and advice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.