GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football boots?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 19:09
Regular
Time has come for me to get a new pair of football boots.

I still play football quite a bit, most weeks at uni on these artificial grass pitches and I also play some weeks for another team on grass or on artificial grass.
So I need a pair of boots with moulded studs.

At the moment I have a pair of predators from a few years back, nice red ones.
I paid quite a bit for them but there are reasons for that.
I have a bad ankle and foot, from experience with cheapy boots I found they do more damage than good to my ankle. Had to send a pair of reebok boots back as the studs came through the boots and went into my foot, so the money they sent went towards my predators the first time round.

So I am not bothered about having to pay a bit more for a decent pair of boots, I had a look in a few shops and so far have seen a few pairs I like.
First the older predators (precision I think they are called) but nowhere sells them anymore.
Also a pair of Nike boots (like the ones Rio Ferdinand wears)

What I want to know is if anyone wears either and if they are comfortable and last long.
Or if anyone wears others they would recomend and lastly if anyone knows of any good cheap webpages that sell them.

Cheers for any help and advice.
Tue 25/03/03 at 20:12
Regular
"Bobba you"
Adidas*
Tue 25/03/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Bobba you"
What about the red Addidas ones Beckham wears. Don't know the name, but they're good.
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Baros!!!"
It's entirely up to you. I've currently got the 'ADIDAS Kaiser 5' boots. They may not be the best boots in the world, but they sure am comfortable.

Never tried the Predators, but my mates say they are the best boots he has ever had.
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:34
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Still thinking about getting those white predators but can't make up my mind whether or not to get them.

I hate being unsure.
Fri 21/03/03 at 19:56
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I had no idea prices differed so much in various shops and on the internet.
I've seen some boots that differ in prices by as much as £50.

Going to shop around and look for a bargain before I make up my mind.
Fri 21/03/03 at 18:42
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I had some Nike Tiempos with moulded studs recently- they're quite comfortable and the right shape.
Fri 21/03/03 at 18:34
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Found a cool site that has some special offers on boots (but usually limited with the sizes) that also offers a service to personalise most of the boots you can buy (ie add a name and number to the tounge of the boot)
http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/cgi-bin/pds.cgi? usr=689816&page=showitem&pid=PDS-002-001-085&size=&co lour=&quantity=&so=

Huge url to show the boots I am thinking of getting.
Thu 20/03/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Fair enough. I often find Nike boots to be comfortable. And I also find that you can kind of run-around a bit easier, too.
Thu 20/03/03 at 16:00
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Played anywhere in the midfield for my amateur side, prefer the center or the right as I am naturally right footed but anywhere suits me really.

Been playing a defensive midfielf role lately but still get into the goal scoring opportunities quite a bit

The main reason I need a good pair (usually means more expensive too) is because of my ankle. Last thing I want to do is to buy a pair of cheap boots that end up damaging it worse and then put me out of playing again.
Thu 20/03/03 at 15:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
What position do you play in, Aliboy?

I reckon you must be more of an attacking player, otherwise you're just wasting your money on a pair of expensive boots, if you only play in defence - or especially if you play in goal!

Do you have any set-piece responsibilliies?
If you're the regular free-kick and corner-kick taker for your team, then I reckon you should definitley go for a pair of Predators - whether they're the latest ones or-not. I've found that there's no better boot out there for getting the desired height, curl/bend, and accuracy, than an Addidas Predator.

I also usually find that Nike boots are good for striking the ball - if you're a goal-scorer, or take the penalties.

I miss playing for my local side. If it wasn't all mixed with adults and that now, I'd get back into it again. :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.