GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who do you think is the best goal scorer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 13:24
Regular
I have started this up mainly because I know loads of people will get anoyed with everyone, mostly me probally and it's really funny to read. Also people can have there say on who is the best goal scorer, what's the betting loads of people will say Ruud Van Nistlerooy.

I'll start then and I would have to say James Beattie of Southampton. This is mainly because of one thing, he is quite literally a goal machine. This season, if you look at the English top goal scorers he is quite high up in the rankings about 4th or 5th or somewher around there, and if you just thing about what team he is on that's amazing. He's higher than Scholes, he's higher than Solksjaer and tons of other famous players. His team Southampton having even been in any cups that I can think of this season so all these goals he has scored must have come all from the premiership, whereas players like Van Nistlerooy may be scoring more but they get the oppertunity of scoring in europe. The guy has finally been called up to the England squad and had a bad debut, but then who didn't do bad in that match, I think that this guy can only go up and up.
Wed 19/03/03 at 14:10
"Darkness, always"
err... maybe...

But if I took the european goals out, the picture would only reflect my point all the more. Which is to say that while Ruud is the leading Man Utd goalscorer, he's not leading the pack by a ridiculous margin.
Wed 19/03/03 at 14:05
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
IB - are those Utd goal stats inclusive of europe?
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I would just like to add Raul into the list, his Champions League record is pretty impressive.

Beattie seems to have suddenly hit a run of form this season has scored a lot of goals. I would like to see he play at a different club for a couple of reasons-
1. To see if Southampton can get goals for another source.
2. To see how many goals Beattie could get with players of the passing ability of, Gerard, Beckham, Veron or Zidane providing him with his chances.
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:51
"Darkness, always"
I don't think our problem is even in the same league.

Man Utd scorers:

1 Nistelrooy 29
2 Scholes 14
3 Solskjaer 13
4 Giggs 11
5 Forlan 9

Southampton scorers:

1 Beattie 20
2 Ormerod 6
3 Fernandes 4
4 Marsden 3
5 Tessem 3
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:47
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I think Southampton have a serious problem in that Beattie is
> almost exclusively their only source of goals.

Well, this also applies to United. When Ruud isn't playing - we find it difficult to score goals.
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:35
"Darkness, always"
I'll say Van Nistelrooy. He currently equals the record for goals scored in a single champions league season, theoretically the most competitive football competition in the world.

Plus, he's quite simply scored more than any one else I can think of this season, and considering he spent a while injured earlier in the season (unless I count the second division, where Robert Earnshaw certainly takes the crown), something Beattie hasn't had to come across, that's quite simply stunning.

Oh, and Southampton would have been automatically entered into the FA Cup and League Cup. The fact that they aren't, to my knowledge, left in either of them simply means that Beattie couldn't save them.

Also, I think Southampton have a serious problem in that Beattie is almost exclusively their only source of goals. So of course he'll score a lot of them, he's the only decent striker they have.
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Much as I'd like to say Van Nistlerooy (his champions league goal scoring record is nothing short of amazing) I would have to say either Shearer or Henry.
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:24
Regular
"Wots your boggle"
I have started this up mainly because I know loads of people will get anoyed with everyone, mostly me probally and it's really funny to read. Also people can have there say on who is the best goal scorer, what's the betting loads of people will say Ruud Van Nistlerooy.

I'll start then and I would have to say James Beattie of Southampton. This is mainly because of one thing, he is quite literally a goal machine. This season, if you look at the English top goal scorers he is quite high up in the rankings about 4th or 5th or somewher around there, and if you just thing about what team he is on that's amazing. He's higher than Scholes, he's higher than Solksjaer and tons of other famous players. His team Southampton having even been in any cups that I can think of this season so all these goals he has scored must have come all from the premiership, whereas players like Van Nistlerooy may be scoring more but they get the oppertunity of scoring in europe. The guy has finally been called up to the England squad and had a bad debut, but then who didn't do bad in that match, I think that this guy can only go up and up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.