GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who do you think is the best goal scorer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 13:24
Regular
I have started this up mainly because I know loads of people will get anoyed with everyone, mostly me probally and it's really funny to read. Also people can have there say on who is the best goal scorer, what's the betting loads of people will say Ruud Van Nistlerooy.

I'll start then and I would have to say James Beattie of Southampton. This is mainly because of one thing, he is quite literally a goal machine. This season, if you look at the English top goal scorers he is quite high up in the rankings about 4th or 5th or somewher around there, and if you just thing about what team he is on that's amazing. He's higher than Scholes, he's higher than Solksjaer and tons of other famous players. His team Southampton having even been in any cups that I can think of this season so all these goals he has scored must have come all from the premiership, whereas players like Van Nistlerooy may be scoring more but they get the oppertunity of scoring in europe. The guy has finally been called up to the England squad and had a bad debut, but then who didn't do bad in that match, I think that this guy can only go up and up.
Wed 19/03/03 at 21:23
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
My Top 5

1. Ruud Van Nistelrooy
2. Thierry Henry
3. Ronaldo
4. Raul
5. Patrick Kluivert
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:59
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think that the best curently in Britain is Earnshaw- he's scored a load of times this season. Best in the world now has to be Ronaldo- scores a lot of goals in style. Best goalscorer ever? Eusebio and Dixie Dean both had great strike rates, but Pele was easier a better plaer.

Best at scoring with hands? Diego Armano Maradona.
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
I think the best ever goal scorer was Pele
The current best has definetely got to be Roberto Carlos, no doubt about it ;)
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:12
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> You must know so little about football to make that sort of comment.

Not really, how could you assume that just from one comment?

Its quite true, people remember the likes of Pele and Maradonna for the excellence of their goals, not from hitting messy goal mouth goals on a regualar basis, true, every striker has to do it some of the time, but from my point of view Nistelrooy just doesn't score goals which I remember, they are more than often bog-standard toe pokers. Whereas Henry has won goal of the month 3 times already this season a feat that no striker has managed before and Henry's goals stick in my mind because of their pure excellence, I can still vividly picture that outstanding volley he scored to give Arsenal a 1-0 victory over Utd about 2-3 years ago, oh and it landed in the top right hand corner and oh he had his back to the goal, pure vision.
Wed 19/03/03 at 18:43
"Darkness, always"
You must know so little about football to make that sort of comment.
Wed 19/03/03 at 18:42
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Henry has to be the best scorer, not only does he score lots of goals they are 90% of the time outstanding goals much unlike RVN's goal mouth pea rollers, which dont take a great deal of skill.
Wed 19/03/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Baros!!!"
The best Goal scorer would have to be Alan shearer. He can score with both his feet and his head. He also scores loads of free-kicks, as well as scoring fantastic goals, like volleys.
Wed 19/03/03 at 14:20
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I really want to see Earnshaw's corpse laid out on a marble plinth.
Wed 19/03/03 at 14:16
"Darkness, always"
I really want to see Earnshaw in the Premiership. But either playing for Man Utd or Cardiff =)
Wed 19/03/03 at 14:14
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Earnshaw scored AGAIN last night!

Damn him!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.