GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Winning the lottery..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/03/03 at 21:55
Regular
Come on, you can't deny it. It's something we all dream about, something which can honestly while away many a few minutes. Winning the lottery. Though we are all sensible and most of us don't buy tickets on the basis that the odds are stacked gajillions to one, we still think about it.

And I have some great ambitions if I did win the lottery. It's the kind of thing that you really can buy anything you want. All the new PS2 games... that new PC you wanted. All those CDs, instead of just picking out one or two. You could buy a flash car, or take all of your friends on holiday for a month to say... New Zealand :-D. I know somebody my age who did win the lottery... only 30 grand, but then again - 30 grand! If only...

So tell me, what would you do with say... £10,000,000? Come on, don't tell me you'd keep working, because the interest alone would be more than any wage you could muster. I'd probably buy a few houses... one in America, one here, one in Japan, one in New Zealand. Big houses; not too big, but enough to house say, 10 people in beds and plenty more for big party type things. Of course, swimming pools and all.

So lets say doing that would cost £4,000,000. Sure, that's bloody loads... but this is fantasy. In reality I'd probably stash it all in the bank and live of cans of baked beans. Whatever.

What else though? Naturally I'd buy the kickest @ss PC in the world, liquid nitrogen cooled and everything... A really expensive projector and make a home cinema thing which is actually an office. And I'd have a separate home cinema :D. I'd license myself as a proper cinema, so I can get all the new releases to 'show' at my house. Hehe. Of course, all video game consoles, most of the good games. You say they'd devalue if they're worth next to nothing but... well, you would, wouldn't you!

I'd then go on holiday. For a long time. Not spend ages in one place... perhaps a world tour, encompassing skiing, a cruise, sunbathing, partying. That kinda thing. Along with a meager 20 or so friends. It'd be very cool. And naturally, only in five star hotels and first class flights. How much would that be? A few hundred thousand, I think.

Ok, so that's kinda in brief details, but I like to think of how great it'd be to be rich. I most definitely wouldn't blow so much money like that... well, maybe if it's a really really big jackpot. But I would live the high life, that's for sure. Hehe.
Tue 18/03/03 at 22:34
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
AliBoy wrote:
> He bought a flat which he rents out,

Thats a pretty good idea for a long term investment. I may have to adopt that one if I ever win! (I can dream, can't I?!)
Tue 18/03/03 at 22:26
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
A guy I know won £100,000 from one of those fantasy football leagues in a newspaper.
He bought a flat which he rents out, a new car and took a few of his mates on holiday.

If I won the lottery I guess I would do all the things that I wanted and see the places that I would like to see.
A new car, buy stuff for family and friends and just enjoy it I guess
Tue 18/03/03 at 22:23
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I'd buy a house and take a long holiday with my mates, do some serious clothes shopping, pay off my parents house and get them a new car and pack them off on holidays, and go private for my hospital treatment. Set up trust funds for my nephew and nieces. Beyond that, theres not a whole lot else I would do.
Tue 18/03/03 at 21:55
Regular
"¬_¬"
Come on, you can't deny it. It's something we all dream about, something which can honestly while away many a few minutes. Winning the lottery. Though we are all sensible and most of us don't buy tickets on the basis that the odds are stacked gajillions to one, we still think about it.

And I have some great ambitions if I did win the lottery. It's the kind of thing that you really can buy anything you want. All the new PS2 games... that new PC you wanted. All those CDs, instead of just picking out one or two. You could buy a flash car, or take all of your friends on holiday for a month to say... New Zealand :-D. I know somebody my age who did win the lottery... only 30 grand, but then again - 30 grand! If only...

So tell me, what would you do with say... £10,000,000? Come on, don't tell me you'd keep working, because the interest alone would be more than any wage you could muster. I'd probably buy a few houses... one in America, one here, one in Japan, one in New Zealand. Big houses; not too big, but enough to house say, 10 people in beds and plenty more for big party type things. Of course, swimming pools and all.

So lets say doing that would cost £4,000,000. Sure, that's bloody loads... but this is fantasy. In reality I'd probably stash it all in the bank and live of cans of baked beans. Whatever.

What else though? Naturally I'd buy the kickest @ss PC in the world, liquid nitrogen cooled and everything... A really expensive projector and make a home cinema thing which is actually an office. And I'd have a separate home cinema :D. I'd license myself as a proper cinema, so I can get all the new releases to 'show' at my house. Hehe. Of course, all video game consoles, most of the good games. You say they'd devalue if they're worth next to nothing but... well, you would, wouldn't you!

I'd then go on holiday. For a long time. Not spend ages in one place... perhaps a world tour, encompassing skiing, a cruise, sunbathing, partying. That kinda thing. Along with a meager 20 or so friends. It'd be very cool. And naturally, only in five star hotels and first class flights. How much would that be? A few hundred thousand, I think.

Ok, so that's kinda in brief details, but I like to think of how great it'd be to be rich. I most definitely wouldn't blow so much money like that... well, maybe if it's a really really big jackpot. But I would live the high life, that's for sure. Hehe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.