GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Winning the lottery..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/03/03 at 21:55
Regular
Come on, you can't deny it. It's something we all dream about, something which can honestly while away many a few minutes. Winning the lottery. Though we are all sensible and most of us don't buy tickets on the basis that the odds are stacked gajillions to one, we still think about it.

And I have some great ambitions if I did win the lottery. It's the kind of thing that you really can buy anything you want. All the new PS2 games... that new PC you wanted. All those CDs, instead of just picking out one or two. You could buy a flash car, or take all of your friends on holiday for a month to say... New Zealand :-D. I know somebody my age who did win the lottery... only 30 grand, but then again - 30 grand! If only...

So tell me, what would you do with say... £10,000,000? Come on, don't tell me you'd keep working, because the interest alone would be more than any wage you could muster. I'd probably buy a few houses... one in America, one here, one in Japan, one in New Zealand. Big houses; not too big, but enough to house say, 10 people in beds and plenty more for big party type things. Of course, swimming pools and all.

So lets say doing that would cost £4,000,000. Sure, that's bloody loads... but this is fantasy. In reality I'd probably stash it all in the bank and live of cans of baked beans. Whatever.

What else though? Naturally I'd buy the kickest @ss PC in the world, liquid nitrogen cooled and everything... A really expensive projector and make a home cinema thing which is actually an office. And I'd have a separate home cinema :D. I'd license myself as a proper cinema, so I can get all the new releases to 'show' at my house. Hehe. Of course, all video game consoles, most of the good games. You say they'd devalue if they're worth next to nothing but... well, you would, wouldn't you!

I'd then go on holiday. For a long time. Not spend ages in one place... perhaps a world tour, encompassing skiing, a cruise, sunbathing, partying. That kinda thing. Along with a meager 20 or so friends. It'd be very cool. And naturally, only in five star hotels and first class flights. How much would that be? A few hundred thousand, I think.

Ok, so that's kinda in brief details, but I like to think of how great it'd be to be rich. I most definitely wouldn't blow so much money like that... well, maybe if it's a really really big jackpot. But I would live the high life, that's for sure. Hehe.
Thu 20/03/03 at 11:05
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Unbeliever wrote:
> My brother put 6 numbers on for the Wednesday draw and all 6 came up
> in Saturday's draw.
>
> He stopped doing the lottery after that.

I'd be pig sick. I know of a mate's mate who left his girlfriend in charge of putting his numbers on for him, whilst he went to watch the football. Later that night in the pub celebrating his teams win, he noticed that 5 of his numbers and the bonus ball came up on the tv screen. He was estatic, came home to reap the glory only to find his girlfriend crying uncontrollably on the floor. It had rained that afternoon so she didn't leave the house.

Sickened.
Thu 20/03/03 at 10:50
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
My brother put 6 numbers on for the Wednesday draw and all 6 came up in Saturday's draw.

He stopped doing the lottery after that.
Thu 20/03/03 at 10:48
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I got 4 numbers a couple of weeks ago, and that was the first time I'd won anything ever, since i started 4 years ago or so.

If i won it big though, I'd buy an entire street of houses and let all my mates live there for free, stick a couple of mill into an account so they can all live off the interest without them having to work, and then have about 20 odd cars and 30 or so motorbikes.

It wouldn't change me at all... my backside!
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:41
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
My mother had 5 numbers once. Closest anyone in my family ever came to winning.
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:35
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
Oops
It was meant to say
"I actually DONT think about winning BIG......"
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:34
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
I actually think about winning BIG on the lottery because I know it will never happen to me. I've been doing it ever since it started in about 95 (maybe) and I've won £93 altogether, with the same numbers :(

Just my luck ;)
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:17
Regular
AliBoy wrote:
> A guy I know won £100,000 from one of those fantasy football
> leagues in a newspaper.
> He bought a flat which he rents out, a new car and took a few of his
> mates on holiday.
>
> If I won the lottery I guess I would do all the things that I wanted
> and see the places that I would like to see.
> A new car, buy stuff for family and friends and just enjoy it I guess

Accomodation must be cheap where you live then...
Wed 19/03/03 at 18:52
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I'd eat every last coin and note of it. In a loving way.
Tue 18/03/03 at 22:47
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Mystique wrote:
> I'd invest it all in Emu farms and c***-fighting.

Can I come and watch the fights? Oh, you mean the feathered type,don't you?! :P
Tue 18/03/03 at 22:45
Regular
I'd invest it all in Emu farms and c***-fighting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.