GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blackburn 1 Arsenal 0"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/03/03 at 15:36
Regular
Thats what i like to see!

And with Cambell and now Keown both missing, it could get worse! :D
Wed 19/03/03 at 11:08
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
That's nice to see Meka, a fan like you wh actually has some respect for other teams.

I bow down to you.
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:18
Regular
"not dead"
Shocktrooper wrote:
> Absolute Neo, the thing is, I didn't know Meka supported Man Utd.
> That's why I asked.

Yep, I support Utd. :o)

Just because someone asked who I wanted to win, Man Utd or Everton, before I'd ever heard of either.

So that's why I'd rather Utd win the league. I quite like watching Arsenal play though, and last season I felt they deserved it.

Also I love watching Newcastle, and if they had some success, I wouldn't mind.

At the moment I don't really like the way that Liverpool or Chelsea play, so if they were to win, I wouldn't be so happy.
Tue 18/03/03 at 13:13
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Absolute Neo, the thing is, I didn't know Meka supported Man Utd. That's why I asked.
Tue 18/03/03 at 10:12
"Darkness, always"
Let it be known that I support Man Utd because I didn't fancy supporting Borussia Dortmund or Osnabrück.
Tue 18/03/03 at 02:15
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> It's not that big of a shock result really though, is it?
>
> I mean, Blackburn are hardly a walkover, are they.

Hell no! Top three teams have all been beat at Ewood, and the match before the Arsenal game was a 2-1 win at Stanford Bridge. If we do Newcastle next week it'll be five for five against the top three... though as we always get beat at St. James's, no matter how well we play, I can't see it!
Tue 18/03/03 at 00:19
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
az_00_uk wrote:
> It would be interesting to know how many Man.Utd supporters are
> actually from the region of Manchester or Cheshire, wouldn't it?

Why? - People all across Asia and around the world Support United, what? does that make them glory suppoters because they don't live in this country?

You seem to think that every Arsenal supporter comes from London - strange that ive met so many Arsenal Supporters who live around the northern region, but obviously they cant be glory supporters.

Stop bleating on about the typical 'you don't come from Manchester so you cannot support Utd chant' - it's getting boring beyond belief. People support the team they are most passionate about and I can't see how it's anybody else's business.

> The majority of Man U supporters who are not from the area were probably
> encouraged at a young age, be it at school or by family, to support
> Man U because they were the most popular and coolest at the time,

Right so People's family who have been supporting United for 10 years + bring their son up to be a Utd fan are only doing so because 'they are the coolest at the time'

>Those who are actually from the Manchester area can be forgiven to
> support such a team, but why didn't you choose City?

The same reason why you or any other gooner from London don't support Spurs, Chelsea, Fulham etc
Mon 17/03/03 at 23:55
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
It would be interesting to know how many Man.Utd supporters are actually from the region of Manchester or Cheshire, wouldn't it? The majority of Man U supporters who are not from the area were probably encouraged at a young age, be it at school or by family, to support Man U because they were the most popular and coolest at the time, therefore they continue to support the team, which is understandable. Those who are actually from the Manchester area can be forgiven to support such a team, but why didn't you choose City? Sky blue's the colour, I think.
Mon 17/03/03 at 23:44
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Or†ega wrote:
> Shocktrooper wrote:
> What's with wanting Arsenal to to bad all of a
> sudden?
>
> All of a sudden?! I've wanted arsenal to do bad ever since David
> Seaman grew that moustache!

Must be quite a long time then?
Mon 17/03/03 at 23:05
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Shocktrooper wrote:
> I meant to aim the question at Meka, but stupidly didn't say that.

But Meka's a United Supporter so whats your point?

> wondering why they may want either Man Utd to do win the league or
> Arsenal to do bad.

To be honest I don't think that's entirely true, there's a lot of hatred for United, however if people do want Arsenal to lose a grip on the title maybe because they host too many foreigners and they prefer a team who host several English or British players to win.

>would you all want Newcastle to badly?

Please refer to my previous answer.
Mon 17/03/03 at 20:46
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Yes, I have to ask.

I meant to aim the question at Meka, but stupidly didn't say that.

But otherwise, not everyone here are Man Utd supporters, and so I was wondering why they may want either Man Utd to do win the league or Arsenal to do bad. It may be because they have never liked Arsenal for one reason or another, I don't know - that's why I asked.

And the other half of the post was generally to the lot of you. If Newcastle were to win the league (unlikely, I know) and they proceeded to be top of the league for most of the next season, would you all want Newcastle to badly?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.