GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IS THIS THE END OF THE GAMECUBE???"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/03/03 at 11:52
Regular
I would like to hear your comments on 'IS THIS THE END OF THE GAMECUBE' ideas include the new price of the Cube, and why Nintendo aren't selling that many units, is it because the stupid gaps between Japanese and UK releases?? All your opinions are welcome..... Also is the price of the Gamecube telling us that nearly all retailers aren't bothered about the Gamecube anymore or is it just a marketing scam?? :)
Sun 16/03/03 at 18:28
Regular
Argos aren't selling their Gamecube stock off though, after all they are taking pre-orders and are not reducing the price of games.
Sun 16/03/03 at 17:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Thing is, its probably just me but I didn't enjoy the 3D versions on
> the N64 as much as I did the old 2D versions. I think the same can be
> said for the likes of Zelda. When you get too clever with 3D and the
> freedom to explore, things can get annoying or boring as you keep
> missing vital stuff because you didn't run 5 miles in the right
> direction.
> A Link To The Past on the Snes was excellent in my opinion. I did
> like OOT on the N64, but at the same time, too much freedom kept
> having me worried that I'd missed tons of stuff so I ended up wasting
> time double checking areas and running around more than I'd like.

A link to the past was excellent, yes, but thats the genius of Nintendo. They managed to introduce a full 3-D world to the Zelda series, but they *kept* the same half free/half linear path (you can do what you want, but you always have a task to do), intact, in full (stunning for its time) 3-D.

Wind Waker is simply taking it in another direction - Sea, boats, islands. Sounds excellent. The cel-shading just makes the whole gameworld look more vibrant, emotive and alive. Sure, a realistic one would be just as incredible, but Zelda has always been about a suspension of disbelief, something the cel-shading manages to do perfectly - its just so vibrant.
Sun 16/03/03 at 17:25
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I expect many people have said this...

Due to the recent price cuts in the cube, at Argos and Dixens, many people have bought them recently. I have even considered buying one for a cheap price, ten selling it again, to make money. Also, on Saturday, one of my friends was round, and i said he should get a Gamecube. The next day, he was off to Argos. The likely hood is that loads of other people will do the same.
Sun 16/03/03 at 16:01
"Gracia senoir"
Who's MR.MUEL, I'm MAD MUEL, there is a simalarity
Sun 16/03/03 at 15:59
"Gracia senoir"
Who's MR. Muel, I'm MAD MUEL, there is a little simalarity.
Sun 16/03/03 at 15:56
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Don't be silly Mr. MUEL!
Sun 16/03/03 at 15:52
"Gracia senoir"
Maddum, please do not annoy me or I will delete you of this planet, if you are actually on it.
Sun 16/03/03 at 15:48
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
No i dont think GC will die out anytime soon however I would like to see alot more quality games lining the top 10 charts and alot more games being produced in general. We never seem to have hardly as much games as PS2 and xbox. also there is not enough decent games coming out. Too much crap cloggs up the few shelves we have at the back of Game and HMV. Those rubish fighting games and crap ports from other consoles. too many sh*t extreme sports games are produced aswell.

when we s**tart getting atleas**t 2 quality exclusive titles out a month, then we can safely say that we are on tack for survival.
Sun 16/03/03 at 15:27
Regular
NO IT IS NOT THE END OF THE GAMECUBE.
Sun 16/03/03 at 14:37
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> MAD MUEL! wrote:
> Can you please just shut your mouth, you've written too much.
>
> Todays Lesson:
> Typing is done with the fingers, or possibly the nose

I use my jed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.