GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Black & White"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Black and White'.
Sun 07/08/05 at 15:10
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Any good?
Mon 08/08/05 at 17:19
Regular
I let my creature eat him. Funniest part is when your people start becoming ill. I just sent the grain to rival towns.
Mon 08/08/05 at 12:07
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I tihnk it's great how there's that woman who's brother is "very ill" in the forest.

So you pick him up...

"Oooooh!"
Mon 08/08/05 at 11:35
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Haha yeah. It does get very tedious and the characters are really gay, especially the annoying black woman Sable who sounds like the operator on Virgin Mobile. And those little accordion fags. I threw them into the sea.
Mon 08/08/05 at 08:44
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
The only worthwhile bit is on the third "level", where there is a guy that you can throw as far as you want, and he won't die. He just keeps returning to where you found him.

I recommend throwing him at cows.
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:34
Regular
What's worse is that I watched a developer interview with Peter Whatshisname, and he used the same bullturd expressions as he did when talking about the first Black and White game. That man is just overloading with crap.

"We're going to deliver something you've never seen before" and on screen is some creature, waving. yeah, cheers for that.
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:30
Regular
I found it to be quite entertaining for a day or two. Training your pet is fun for a while, and some aspects of the game are very impressive such as the destructible environments etc.

Eventually though I found it to become dull, it lacks the excitement of a normal RTS game, so once you've got over the novelty of throwing villagers over mountains, doing good deeds like finding lost children before throwing a boulder at them, and teaching your creature to throw its crap at people, it gets a bit mundane. Worth a look if you fancy something different, but it's a very, very slow game and can get tedious.
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:21
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Well I had to sift through most of that crap but I got some decent replies. Danke.
Sun 07/08/05 at 17:32
Regular
RoJ wrote:
> Any good?

No.

Its a glorified Tamagotchi.

You feed your pet it's own excretement and stroke it all day, whilst throwing villagers around.

That's it to be honest.
Sun 07/08/05 at 17:18
Regular
"8==="
English_Bloke wrote:
> I do, they rule my life.
>
> Woo! Ten more words!

Pwned.
Sun 07/08/05 at 17:05
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I do, they rule my life.

Woo! Ten more words!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.