GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Avoid Banners And pop ups on your webspace ( Free webspace)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/03/03 at 01:09
Regular
Hello,ive got some webspace of my own,

Geocities &
Freeserve

Now the way to do this is simple.

If you have a .tk address,create any old index file, ANYTHING! but when linking your .tk to your web site. Instead of linking it to Eg www.geocities.com/cookies ,link it to www.geocities.com/cookies/1

Basicly creat a folder called 1 or what ever and link ur .tk to that,that way it will avoid all the pops up

Although you will still get the .tk banner.

If you aint got a .tk.

Simply just change ur website adreess from

www.geocities.com/cookies to www.geocities.com/cookies/1. a bit longer but stops the popups.
Sat 15/03/03 at 07:41
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
free hosting = pay for dial up = NOT FREE
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:40
Regular
"How Handy."
Mr No Name wrote:
> Pay your money, make your choice.

Well, no, because we're talking about free hosting....
Fri 14/03/03 at 14:26
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Torquay United! wrote:
> Yeah, but why have a Robin Reliant when you could have the Jaguar of
> free web space?
>
> No advertising banners
> No popups
>
> http://freeola.com

Why pay per minute for a 0845 line when you don't have to !
0845 numbers are quite expensive on my NTL phone line, lots more expensive per minute than a normal local call. Plus changing dial up from my NTL Broadband, etc etc,

Pay your money, make your choice.
Fri 14/03/03 at 14:24
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
just forwarding from a .tk address will suffice, their banner overrides any banners from geocities.
Only 1 minor downside is that you get a "done with errors" message bottom left of browser but I (courtesy of SSXPro) have a piece of code that will eliminate that message if anyones interested.
Fri 14/03/03 at 09:12
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Yeah, but why have a Robin Reliant when you could have the Jaguar of free web space?

No advertising banners
No popups

http://freeola.com
Fri 14/03/03 at 01:09
Regular
Hello,ive got some webspace of my own,

Geocities &
Freeserve

Now the way to do this is simple.

If you have a .tk address,create any old index file, ANYTHING! but when linking your .tk to your web site. Instead of linking it to Eg www.geocities.com/cookies ,link it to www.geocities.com/cookies/1

Basicly creat a folder called 1 or what ever and link ur .tk to that,that way it will avoid all the pops up

Although you will still get the .tk banner.

If you aint got a .tk.

Simply just change ur website adreess from

www.geocities.com/cookies to www.geocities.com/cookies/1. a bit longer but stops the popups.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.