GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"360 European Release Date - 25/11/2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/08/05 at 16:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
[URL]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=10605[/URL]

3 days after my birthday :)
Sun 07/08/05 at 16:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
[URL]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=10605[/URL]

3 days after my birthday :)
Sun 07/08/05 at 17:17
"Retarded List"
I read about this somewhere recently. The release date sounds about right, but I can't imagine the price will be £300. Microsoft have clearly said that the £299 price for the Xbox was too high, so I can't see that they'll repeat the same mistake with the 360. I reckon £250 is still the best bet.

If the games are £45 though then I'll be happy. I feared they would be around the sixty mark.
Sun 07/08/05 at 17:33
"High polygon count"
All I know is, if I ever develop an interest in the machine, I certainly won't buy it at launch... not after their little stunt with the last one.
Sun 07/08/05 at 17:39
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I don't want to buy one - my interest in games has seriously waned - but I just have to have Elderscrolls 4: Oblivion. Just have to. For me, it'll be gaming Xanadu.
Sun 07/08/05 at 18:47
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'll most probably get one for Christmas unless the price really is unreasonable.
Sun 07/08/05 at 21:51
Regular
I hear (tis a rumour) there is gonna be two, one with a hardrive and an extra controller an one without.

Now out of interest, other than saving games and music, does the hardrive have much use?
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:12
"I love yo... lamp."
Yes. Some games, notably Halo, use it for caching stuff from the DVD. Whilst a hard disk is much slower than memory, it is still much faster than optical media. It is also used for downloads, be it extra content or patches.
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:14
Regular
Prophet wrote:
> If the games are £45 though then I'll be happy.

Yeah, great news!

!..
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:14
"High polygon count"
Dringo wrote:
> Now out of interest, other than saving games and music, does the
> hardrive have much use?

In truth... no.

At least, not in the original Xbox.

Sure you can record CDs to use as soundtracks, but then it takes hours to name them using the on-screen keyboard if you want to know what they are at a later date.

I recorded about 3 albums and that was it. Deleted them soon after.

I suppose it comes in handy for downloading additional content, but as I never bothered with Live it was irrelevant. Are there many games which have supported downloadable content? I genuinely don't know - the only one I can think of is Splinter Cell, but then I've not bought many games for mine.
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:31
"I love yo... lamp."
Project Gotham Racing 2
Halo 2
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Crimson Skies
RalliSport Challenge 2
ESPN NHL Hockey
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

That's just the ones I can think off of the top of my head.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.