GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virtual March / Anti-War voice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/03/03 at 12:43
Regular
http://www.anitaroddick.com (SPACE) /weblog/weblogdetail.jsp?title=null&id=441
Thu 13/03/03 at 10:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Still don't agree. Hypothetically they might say they're willing to do that, but if they HAD to give up their lives and make their own children watch them die, then starve to death, they wouldn't be up for it.
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:07
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Blank wrote:
> So they'd rather die than suffer under him any more? If that was true
> they'd have all killed themselves...

"One hundred people are locked in a cage for forty years. Their jailor treats them badly and everyone in the cage is unhappy but unwilling to cry out for fear of a sustained beating. One day akind man offers to free the caged people by blowing the lock off the cage door but admits that in doing so some of the people will die".

If you recall the resolution of the situation in Bosnia, we went in (to prevent the Muslim faction being "ethinicaly cleansed" by the orthodox christians) lead by the USA, there were some unfortunate civilain casulties and now the country's citizens have a better quality of life and are glad that we came to their aid.
Wed 12/03/03 at 11:57
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
So they'd rather die than suffer under him any more? If that was true they'd have all killed themselves...
Tue 11/03/03 at 09:26
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Blank wrote:

That's not funny Martin, that's just ignorant. You really think the
> entire population is thinking along the lines of "Of course I'm
> willing to die and watch the rest of my family die if it'll bring
> stability in the country in a few year's time! Two tums fresh!"

Yeah I'm sure they love starving to death, not being allowed to vote democratically, living in squalor, being raped, tortured and beaten for expressing any views of their own, having no medical facilities and living in abject misery.

And Goatboy's right, just a simple "no comment" link sparks raging debate. Man, what ever happened to zero G monkey punching?
Tue 11/03/03 at 08:36
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Talking of useless posts....*looks at Blank*
Mon 10/03/03 at 22:35
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Well who couldn't predict that Bellfury would make a hugely long and basically useless post?

Anyway..

The sagacious one wrote:
> VenomByte wrote:
> Exactly how many people do you think would turn up to a 'Pro War'
> march?
>
> How large is the population in Iraq?

That's not funny Martin, that's just ignorant. You really think the entire population is thinking along the lines of "Of course I'm willing to die and watch the rest of my family die if it'll bring stability in the country in a few year's time! Two tums fresh!"
Mon 10/03/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
All I did was provide a link with zero comment about it.

And voila, the same old same old.
*chuckles*
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:34
Regular
"The Dwarf's coming"
VenomByte wrote:
> march?

I'd attend, as would 75% of the country. When is it?
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:10
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I'm sorry, but this is rather a pointless exercise. An anti war march this week in Nottingham, gathered, and this is from the protestors own figures, 1000 people. This, in a city with two universities and endless colleges, and which is plastered in Anti war protest fliers.

In other news, eleven people were arrested at the weekend for trying to cut through RAF Fairford's security fencing. The sad fact is that people like these, self proclaimed radicals, give the whole peace movement a bad name. If you can't make your point within the law then I don't care for what you've got to say !

During the Nottingham march one person who was interviewed on the local radio was asked what her group's response would be if war went ahead. She said that her group would carry out various actions, with others, to cause civil disobedience and unrest all through the country.

Strong words indeed, and it stinks. In the case of Nottingham, the city was pretty much a deserted place whilst the march happened, nowhere near the usual level of people, all for 1000 people. Yet these are anti war protestors, surely these peace loving people shouldn't have scared off shoppers ? Well they did, and maybe they,and others, should thin about the image they are, maybe unknowingly, getting. Yes, people have the right to protest, unlike in Iraq might I add, but the patience of many people whose place of work, leisure or business is affected by them, is bound to be running out.

In my opinion the majority of peace protestors are coming at this the wrong way. They rule out war totally, which makes them seem naive and simple to many of us. You cannot in a situation like this, rule out anything.

Then there is their ability to link the USA solely with George Bush. The American flag daubed in blood, charicatures of Bush and Blair in all sorts of things, and so on. Both these men were voted in by a majority of people who may not agree with their handling of this, but may do so on other issues. And the American flag is not the flag of the President, it's the flag of the American people. Whom you offend when you deface or damage it, same goes for the British and English flags - one protestor had a nice red dripping England flag in Nottingham. The flag stands for England, not Blair.

If they want support then it's time to detail their arguments more, and to stop generalising, and stop appearing to be simple. This email thing on that link is another simple pointless activity. #10's filters will consign them to another folder, and bear in mind tony doesn't look at his own emails or faxes, undoubtedly a few people will use the chance to send various threatening/abusive messages and hoaxes, and apart from wasting government employees time nothing will be achieved.

In another thread on here someone suggests a vast march to bring London to a stand still, and this is another simple, badly though out idea. Yes, the government is in London, but so are millions of other people whom live and work there, and they deserve to do that unhindered. Tying up their city one more weekend will do little to win anyone any support.
Mon 10/03/03 at 17:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
VenomByte wrote:
> march?

How large is the population in Iraq?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.