GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid prime comp..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/03/03 at 11:48
Regular
Is anyone taking part in Nintendo's Metroid website compo?

I am, it cant be that hard to produce a website, especially when they provide the media for you.

I fancy grabbing me one of those Samus statues, failing that I might geta metroid pak - I'll finally have that nameplate i want.
Tue 11/03/03 at 11:11
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Aaaaaaggghhh!
Frontpage sucks, it is so difficult to get the site to look the way I want!
Tue 11/03/03 at 09:54
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Rickoss wrote:
> I'm gonna enter. Whether or not my site is good is a different matter
> :-P
>
> By the way, don't use front page, learn HTML/CSS/PHP/JS. Front page
> will get you no where.

What about if I use dreamweaver instead of Frontpage?
Tue 11/03/03 at 09:52
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I might join if I can find time out of my schoolwork which is really getting heavy as I'm doing GCSE coursework for most lessons, for an extra lesson I'm forced to take part in by my parents, I've got wotrk experience and yr10 tests coming up and my school internet broadband connection isn't working properly and I'm not allowed online much at home. Hence my rather low post-rate recently.
Tue 11/03/03 at 09:51
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I might join if I can find time out of my schoolwork which is really getting heavy as I'm doing GCSE coursework for most lessons, for an extra lesson I'm forced to take part in by my parents, I've got wotrk experience and yr10 tests coming up and my school internet broadband connection isn't working properly and I'm not allowed online much at home. Hence my rather low post-rate recently.
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Mon 10/03/03 at 16:39
Regular
I'm gonna enter. Whether or not my site is good is a different matter :-P

By the way, don't use front page, learn HTML/CSS/PHP/JS. Front page will get you no where.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:43
Regular
If anyone does need tutorials for web page building, try www.w3schools.com - that's where I learnt the basics (then couldn't be bothered to do any more :) )
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:42
"Darkness, always"
cookie monster wrote:
> And i cant seem to change the font, yahoo pagebuilder is
> sort of basic like that.

*chokes*
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Cascading Style Sheets, it's a way to standardise your fonts without
> having to repeat it with each font tag.
>
> If I have time I'll explain it briefly or give you a link to a page
> that will later.
>
> Can you hand-code pages?

Not really, my HTML is so basic it has similar alkalinity to sodium hydroxide.

> If you want to look for a tutorial I'm sure they won't be too hard to
> find.

I think i will probably need to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.