GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mr Bartender, a moment of you time, sir."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/03/03 at 11:07
Regular
In another thread, you wrote this:

"My intellect, such as it is, is a cherished gift, and not a weapon. If I use big words like "peon" and "fool" to bewilder people, the bewilderment is there because they are stupid, and not because I am smart."

Now I would just like to point something out:

Peon and fool aren't actually big words. They are only 4 letters each.

Up to the end of the last sentence, I used 16 words that were longer than 4 letters. I would also assume that there is a fair number of other words, which are also longer then 4 letters.

Suffice to say that I think you need to increase the scale of your big words because, quite frankly, some of them aren't.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:50
"Darth Vader 3442321"
SHEEPY wrote:
> When telling my uncle of my Uni courses next year he went into a ten
> minute rant of how students were the lazy, scum of the earth and they
> should all be sent down a mine to show what work was like.
>
> He works as a civil servant

Nice one. Civil servants are the laziest people I've had the good fortune to meet. That's why they employ lazier temps; to try and make themselves look good.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:47
Regular
Heh, student are lazy. That's the whole point of being a student, can't be bothered doing much of anything really, as long as keep passing my subjects without any bother, I'll get a decently paid job....... someday.

As for big words, I don't have the time to stop and think about what I'm saying, so I'll keep it simple and let other argue over the intricacies of the English language, and how to spell things properly. Any jib from these people who care, and I'll just confuse you with some broad Dundonian straight out of a jute mill.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
When telling my uncle of my Uni courses next year he went into a ten minute rant of how students were the lazy, scum of the earth and they should all be sent down a mine to show what work was like.

He works as a civil servant
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:17
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
...eating into our taxes and contributing nothing to our society! Damn those students!

*conveniently forgets that he was a student once*
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Damn dirty students.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:34
Regular
Possibly. I just got a refund cheque on my student loan so I'm not my usual lethargic self, and actually feel fit to do something positive. Which I er.. am not actually doing at the moment, but I will do before the day is out.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
RM18 wrote:
> I didn't need spellcheck - just a brain.
---

*raises eyebrow*

You're feeling feisty this morning.
Did you have a nice dream that made you feel soggy this morning?
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:29
Regular
"That's right!"
It's funnier when thick people try to use big words to make themselves look clever. I fail at it all the time.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:28
Regular
I didn't need spellcheck - just a brain.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
RM18 wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> Onomatapia is a big word.
>
> It's even longer if you spell it properly...
----

Well excuse me Captain Spellcheck.

I'll be sure to feel bad just as soon as I care.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.