GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the best game ever is........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/08/05 at 12:08
Regular
what is the best game ever??
Wed 31/08/05 at 23:45
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
GTA3 and Shenmue are my favourite games.
Wed 31/08/05 at 22:30
Regular
"gran turismo master"
The Gran Turismo Series

Gran Turismo 2 and 4 mostly though
Wed 31/08/05 at 20:39
Regular
"\\"
Lukeman wrote:
> That's a good point. I love games like PES and Worms, but I don't
> think either of them come close to "best game ever"
> quality. I think the most important qualities of a computer game are
> Story and Gameplay. Look at Final Fantssy 7, or MGS1. Looking back on
> them NOW, they're pretty poor graphically, and the sound quality's not
> as good.

I beg to differ.

MGS has brilliant sound.
Wed 31/08/05 at 20:22
Regular
"You have a choice"
That's a good point. I love games like PES and Worms, but I don't think either of them come close to "best game ever" quality. I think the most important qualities of a computer game are Story and Gameplay. Look at Final Fantssy 7, or MGS1. Looking back on them NOW, they're pretty poor graphically, and the sound quality's not as good. But we go back and play them again anyway because they have an enthralling storyline, and interesting, exciting gameplay.

Now take a look at the other side of the coin, with games like PES. If you own Pro Evolution Soccer 4, you're not likely to go back and play ISS Pro Evo 2 are you? Because it doesn't have a story you can get lost in.
Wed 31/08/05 at 00:15
Regular
"cheese is god"
Im going to say MGS 1. The look of the game was awesome for its time. Its one of those games where you actually feel for the people in the game i.e when sinper wolf dies I felt sorry for otacon (sorry bout spelling). The story was so in depth i never wanted to put the game down. There where many different ways to play the game. You could use sealth or go crazy and kill everyone. For me it made me start spending money on games again. It made me like games again.
Mon 29/08/05 at 16:21
Regular
"gd sense" isn't a phrase
Mon 29/08/05 at 16:16
Regular
That made perfect sense, good work
Sun 28/08/05 at 23:12
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Jammykins wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
> Sxc_gal wrote:
> what is the best game ever??
>
> It's not on the PS2.
>
> then dont come in this forum

You think that just because I don't think that the best game ever is on the PS2, I shouldn't caome in this forum?

I was here before this forum went down the drain, before posters like you turned up and ruined it. It once was full of life, energy, inspirational threads, intelligent discussion about the Playstation 2. Now look.
Sun 28/08/05 at 20:27
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Halo 2's hardly a classic.
> But come on ... you must have played something slightly more
> memorable than "the pong collection' or "chef's luv
> shack"
>
> Please?

Many more memorable games but of their age, on the Playstation and for sheer enjoyment they rocked

If you haven't played them you can't knock it, seriously better than it sounds
Sun 28/08/05 at 18:10
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Sxc_gal wrote:
> what is the best game ever??

It's not on the PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.