GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Air show"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/03/03 at 21:33
Regular
At the summer air show in lowestoft (my home town, yey), the one last one, did anyone of you guys see the harrier jump jet fall out of the sky and into the sea...
It rocked, i was right in front of it, then it started to go down a bit, everyone thought that it was part of the show, untill it started to fall slowley, then a bang happend and the pilot was ejected out of the harrier, and the jet fell straight into the sea, it floated for a while, but then sank, they knew were it was because a little orange float came out of the back of the jet so that when they came to fish it out, the knew were it was...
But because the pilot was ejected so close to ground level (because the harrier was hovering) he did not get enough hight, so when the jet hit the sea, the pilot fell straight on top of it and broke his leg...
Why not come and see the action this year...
Sun 09/03/03 at 21:36
Regular
Robin i can't believe you're trying to defend your statement. What can "rock" about someone nearly dieing. Have you ever had someone die thats close to you, or even suddenly. Its not pleasent and under any circumstance it shouldnt be described in that way. Think before you blab stupid comments onto the net.
Sun 09/03/03 at 21:30
Yup the pilot did suffer some back injurys, and i did see the stealth plane thing two years back... It was the first and only time at an air show...
Sun 09/03/03 at 19:29
Regular
"smile, it's free"
You know, ejecting out of a jet aircraft puts enough pressure on your spine to make you half an inch shorter. I'm guessing that pilot was none too happy with the day's events.
Sun 09/03/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Saw that Mig 29 pile in at an airshow couple of years back, hardly a good experience.

Now, a B2 Stealth roaring overhead of you at low level, that is a good experience. It's only been in the UK for public air display about four times EVER, and on the ground for display about three times. A very impressive plane.

On the airshows front, don't get your hopes up. Mildenhall has been cancelled, Fairford almost certainly will be, and with approx 1/3 of the RAF in the Gulf there's hardly much left for people to look at, plus all the impressive US stuff is also on standby.
Sun 09/03/03 at 12:21
Um, no, thats not quite the same, this one just looked cool as it happend, i couldnt believe it for a while, but it just looked good...
They even had to prospone the fireworks for a week incase there was any aviation fuel in the sea...
Sat 08/03/03 at 22:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And not many people get to see an H bomb explode either. So that would be great yeah!
Sat 08/03/03 at 22:00
No, what i ment is that not many people get to see a harrier jump jet crash, so it was a good experience...
Of course at the time i was a bit shell shocked...
Sat 08/03/03 at 21:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oh, yes, it rocked. Someone breaks their leg...

Hmm.
Sat 08/03/03 at 21:33
At the summer air show in lowestoft (my home town, yey), the one last one, did anyone of you guys see the harrier jump jet fall out of the sky and into the sea...
It rocked, i was right in front of it, then it started to go down a bit, everyone thought that it was part of the show, untill it started to fall slowley, then a bang happend and the pilot was ejected out of the harrier, and the jet fell straight into the sea, it floated for a while, but then sank, they knew were it was because a little orange float came out of the back of the jet so that when they came to fish it out, the knew were it was...
But because the pilot was ejected so close to ground level (because the harrier was hovering) he did not get enough hight, so when the jet hit the sea, the pilot fell straight on top of it and broke his leg...
Why not come and see the action this year...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.