GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dont get your hopes up."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/01/01 at 22:16
Regular
Even though im as bigger fan as the ps2 as its own memory card, i am getting a little concerned with people getting over the top about the upcoming features. Broadband, Hard drives and WAP mobile phones plugging into it all seem very glamarous, but theyre still a long way off. Why dont we all just concentrate on the classic games out now (like Timesplitters and SSX) and stop worrying about what power-ups might look like in Metal Gear Solid 2. Just dont get your hopes up and if the worst does happen (very unlikely!) at least we'll all be prepared.
Sat 20/01/01 at 13:58
Regular
Nintendo have originality?
Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong? Even Goldeneye has its sequel.
Admittedly there are less sequels, but this is only because there are far less games anyway. I bet the percentages are about the same overall.
I know he said they were releasing a hell of a lot of sequels, so that is why I replied saying that they are releasing loads of games, so there`s bound to be sequels somewhere, its not as if they are releasing sequels and nothing else. In fact actually there aren`t really that many sequels. If you want, print a list of sequels, and then I`ll reply with a list that aren`t (This is a bad deal as I have to do far more typing).
Also, don`t even think about bringing Final Fantasy into this, because I know that most anti-Sony people do. Fianal Fantasy 11? Everyone says this, but they don`t stop to think that Sony people will probably have never seen the First 7. The PSX got FF7, 8 and soon nine. Now if this is too many sequels then all consoles everywhere have made a huge mistake! At least with the FF series there is a totally new cast, and a new world each time, unlike some Nintendo sequels that actually aren`t worth mentioning. As for FFX and FFXI, they are on an all new console, where first time PS owners will have never seen FF before, so it will be like an all new game. As for the fact that there will be 2 FF games on PS2, don`t forget that they will be totally different for the main reason that one is a straight game, where as the other uses on-line gaming.
So what`s next? Metal Gear Solid 2? The most eagerly awaited PS2 game, and its a sequel. So what? Number 2 in the series, its going to be radically improved from previous metal gears, (unlike the Zelda series where the only difference between Ocarina and Majora is the release date). Don`t ven think about saying that this is because of the differenve between PSX and PS2, because it is exactly that, and you would only back up my argument.
I admit that the Tomb Raider series is way past it. This is one set of sequels that should have been avoided. By TR3 I was fed up, but hopefully the PS2 version could sort this out. (One point in your favour due to the TR series).
So there we go, there will be sequels, but not that many overall. They will be very different from previous versions, and just as successful. So what`s your problem?
Sat 20/01/01 at 14:15
Regular
Nintendp not original? At least some of them are not rushed out.
Sat 20/01/01 at 14:18
Regular
what the hellu talkin about? ocarina of time and majoras mask are completly different games. okay u are the same character link, but ganondorf is gone and it is set in a whole new different world. the temple's are bigger and have a whole new concept on how to complete them. u is just a bias sony fan talkin outa ya a$$.
Sat 20/01/01 at 17:17
Regular
I own an N64 and a PS2, (N64 for much longer), so I am not biased, however I think that by your replies, you almost definately are! I happen to hold the honest opinion that the only differences between the 2 zeldas are superficial and pointless. The graphics may have marginally improved (though I don`t think so), but by such an insignificant amount that it really doesn`t matter. As for the gameplay, try and tell me there is a convincing difference. Oh, but Ganondorf is gone! Oh my God. I take it all back. (Yeah right!)
"At least Nintendo don`t rush some of their games out" Yeah! But they rush the rest out. However I know what you`re trying to say, and again it comes down to the fact that Sony has more games overall, so the number of rushed attempts is greater. Nintendo has less games, so you`d expect there to be less rushed ones. (Its simple really).
Anyone else?
Sat 20/01/01 at 17:22
Regular
Oh, I nearly forgot. My a$$ can`t type very well, and it`ll take a lot of practice to get as good as you at it.

P.S. This is fun! :-)
Sat 20/01/01 at 17:50
Regular
I have now lost all respect for you ssxpro. I don't even go that low myself.
Sat 20/01/01 at 19:09
Regular
people like u really p--s me off. i've really had enough of u lot. stupid sony bias "my console has more games" fans. but what can i do? well nothing really. so u just keep on chatting on about how great playstion is.
but i garantee nintendo will by the end of 2002 be back on top. i have nothing to back this up with, so please no smart alec replies or anything, just leave it........
Sat 20/01/01 at 19:21
Regular
SSX you shouldn't own a N64. you don't deserve to with that attitude towards the best gaming machine besides the Dreamcast.
Sat 20/01/01 at 20:37
Regular
"I like cheese"
ortega wrote:
> people like u really p--s me off. i've really had enough of u lot.
> stupid sony bias "my console has more games" fans. but
> what can i do? well nothing really. so u just keep on chatting on
> about how great playstion is.
but i garantee nintendo will by the
> end of 2002 be back on top. i have nothing to back this up with, so
> please no smart alec replies or anything, just leave it........

Biased Sony fans?? LOL!! You must be one of the most biased N64 fans I know!!

You guarentee Nintendo will be on top by end of 2002??

With the up and coming games like MGS2, I don't think people'll have time for a GameCube!!

Both Sony and Nintendo release sequels. Sony more, but they've have released a lot more games. Look at the facts, I own 34 PSX games, and my mate who has an N64 has around 10.

Leave ssxpro, he owns the best console you can possibly get at the moment, the PS2.

SNIPER, I didn't think you were that biased. You disappoint me.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:21
Regular
ssxpro wrote:

Dark Cloud
Zone of the
> Enders
TimeSplitters
SSX

i'm not saying they don't bring out new origonal ideas but i've already heard of SSX2 and Timespitters2 and if the other 2 are really popular then more and more sequals fill up the list and take the companys prioritys rather than new ideas. also i don't follow playstation but i can name these

MGS 2
tekken tag
grand turismo 3
Syphon filter 3
final fantasy 10
medievil 3
medal of honour 3
Tomb raider 6
grand theft auto 3
resident evil 4
resident evil code veronica

and these will be the best selling games because these simple repeats are the best the playstation can do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.