GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dont get your hopes up."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/01/01 at 22:16
Regular
Even though im as bigger fan as the ps2 as its own memory card, i am getting a little concerned with people getting over the top about the upcoming features. Broadband, Hard drives and WAP mobile phones plugging into it all seem very glamarous, but theyre still a long way off. Why dont we all just concentrate on the classic games out now (like Timesplitters and SSX) and stop worrying about what power-ups might look like in Metal Gear Solid 2. Just dont get your hopes up and if the worst does happen (very unlikely!) at least we'll all be prepared.
Sun 14/01/01 at 22:16
Even though im as bigger fan as the ps2 as its own memory card, i am getting a little concerned with people getting over the top about the upcoming features. Broadband, Hard drives and WAP mobile phones plugging into it all seem very glamarous, but theyre still a long way off. Why dont we all just concentrate on the classic games out now (like Timesplitters and SSX) and stop worrying about what power-ups might look like in Metal Gear Solid 2. Just dont get your hopes up and if the worst does happen (very unlikely!) at least we'll all be prepared.
Mon 15/01/01 at 07:04
Yeah, this guys right lets never think of MGS2 again :p
Tue 16/01/01 at 11:17
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
All these things are a great deal closer to comming than you'd think... all were waiting for is for Sony to set a release date... Were not geting our hopes up, were just making sure were waiting for the right things... and not the things that sound 'glamerous' now, but have no real use...
Fri 19/01/01 at 19:46
what are you on about? the hype of upcoming games is the most exciting part! if you aren't looking forward to a game then youll never be happy playing it. i say we eagerly await the day on which metal gear solid 2 graces our humble stores, and that we enthusiastically look forward to online gaming, mobile phone-consoles (and of course metal gear solid 3 . . .).
Fri 19/01/01 at 20:17
Regular
Is it my imagination or is the Playstation 2 just bringing out the same games again and again.
Fri 19/01/01 at 22:53
Regular
It is your rather dumb imagination. It is true that they are bringing out sequels, but if you cast your eye over the list of up-coming games, (assuming you can read - though I suppose you must be able to otherwise you would be struggling even more than you are now on these discussion sites) you will see a large number of new and imginative titles.

For example, from memory, a small handful:

Dark Cloud
Zone of the Enders
TimeSplitters
SSX

These are just some of my favorites, and so don`t bother to reply saying that this is only a few, because if you would like, I can probably go and find my copy of PSM2, and list a very large number of new titles.

Lastly, do you get bored much, because if that is all your imagination can come up with, then things must be very dull.
Fri 19/01/01 at 22:58
Regular
Sorry, I think I was a little blunt with the truth there. In future I will try to modify my true opinion to keep people happy.
Regular
Sorry, I think I was a little blunt with the truth there. In future I will try to modify my true opinion to keep people happy.
Regular
Sat 20/01/01 at 12:59
All Dringo was saying is that Sony are releasing a hell of a lot of sequels. Thats all. I think they could be original a bit more, as they have no match for the originality of Nintendo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.