GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good web-design sites"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 15:57
Regular
I need some sites with nice, clear, original web-design.

Can you guys help me find some?

I need some ideas for my IT project...
Thu 06/03/03 at 21:40
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Although one of my favourite designs at the moment has to be
> tyla.org.uk, much to my disgust :D

Ahh! cheers Rob!
Though it's about to die due to me not bothering with the domain renewal next week... New site/URL and Host at the end of the month... Just finalising the new URL! Though tyla.org.uk will be available on http://tyla.port5.com at the begining of next week for a bit.
Thu 06/03/03 at 21:40
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'll tell you what, even if the site is badly designed...

They certainly know how to make a decent flash website!

Bloody hell that loading sequence looked good...

Best bit of Flash I've seen easily...
Thu 06/03/03 at 21:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The site that impresses me the most at the moment is actually eBuyer's. Something clicks with me.

Although one of my favourite designs at the moment has to be tyla.org.uk, much to my disgust :D
Thu 06/03/03 at 21:23
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fog wrote:
> How can anyone think 2advanced.com is a bad website?
> Also they have both beuty and all the functions you could need + a lot
> more no doubt.
> It's their portfolio and it needs to be head turning unless your a
> fool obviously.

Actually... 2Advanced's website has been slated loads recently in the industry as being unusable and badly designed. A clear case of too much showing off. Although it does demonstrate their mastery of all things flash, it's still a poorly designed site. it may impress though Flash Evangelists, but it's not impressing anyone already in the industry..

BTW: Anyone seen macromedia's new site... It'a bad! Very Bad!
Thu 06/03/03 at 20:10
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
How can anyone think 2advanced.com is a bad website?
Also they have both beuty and all the functions you could need + a lot more no doubt.
It's their portfolio and it needs to be head turning unless your a fool obviously.
Thu 06/03/03 at 19:34
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
See my tagline.

NetWise is still under construction, and I am pondering over closing PCWise until NetWise is finished.
Wed 05/03/03 at 22:21
Regular
"bing bang bong"
What a %£$#ing horrible website. Where's the need for all the flash garbage - all it does is make me wait for it to load, and force the restriction that it only occupies about a 1/4 of browser window (think it's bad at 1024x768? Try 1600x1200). They could have cut all the expensive graphics and made a site twice as functional, four times faster for an eight the price.

Having said all that it does fit the purpose of the site - to demonstrate a design companies l337 skillZ, but imagine if you had to wait that long for Hotmail to load..
Wed 05/03/03 at 21:10
Actually, the more I think about it, the font size is fine, it's just that they're too tightly packed together that's making me squint.
Wed 05/03/03 at 21:08
1024x768.
Wed 05/03/03 at 18:15
Regular
All looks fine to me, what res you using?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.