GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Welcome Back!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/10/06 at 20:01
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The Wrestling & Martial Arts forum is back!

So lets get talking!
Sat 07/10/06 at 15:17
Regular
"..."
The Wardy wrote:
> I might start watching MMA i heard its good...dunno when its on
> or anything though..anyone know?

I believe CTWC show Cage Warriors, a British MMA show, but it usually clashes with Raw or Smackdown, so I haven't actually seen it.
Sat 07/10/06 at 14:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ladybird wrote:
> Haha I think there are several of us that are belted warriors,
> right? I'm only half way to a black belt anyways with a green
> belt.

Wow remind me not to annoy you Ladybird, i'm a fragile giant, i'd break easily :-D
Sat 07/10/06 at 13:14
Regular
After they fix this forum I'll start posting some threads, just incase they have to delete them all on Monday :)
Sat 07/10/06 at 12:17
"possibly impossible"
If only! Just first degree, going for second in Dec 2007

The problem with belts in Taekwondo is that there are different styles and within that there are different factions.

Firstly you have I T F and W T F. W T F is the official olympic version, the moves are different and the fighting style is different. I T F is the other form which is far less full contact and often concentrates more on the moves and the flashy kicks than sparring.

These were initially formed when politics in Korea forced the governing body apart. It's quite an interesting history if you get time to google it. But either one has good and bad points. On top of this you have the regulating bodies for each school. These set the rules for passing of gradings, colour belts and sending of certificates etc. For many, the instructor of the school is usually allowed to make a lot of the decisions as long as they are okayed by the governing body.

As an aside, I can't believe we can't use W T F without spaces.
Sat 07/10/06 at 00:49
Regular
pb wrote:
> Does that mean I have to actually post so that there IS a Martial
> Arts part of the forum? :D

Haha I think there are several of us that are belted warriors, right? I'm only half way to a black belt anyways with a green belt. It's interesting how there are always different colours of belts to achieve on the path at different schools. I swear I heard somewhere that they tried to regulate that when Taekwondo became an olympic sport several years ago..

Aren't you something like a third degree black or something phenomenal like that pb? :P
Fri 06/10/06 at 23:05
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I might start watching MMA i heard its good...dunno when its on or anything though..anyone know?
Fri 06/10/06 at 22:50
"possibly impossible"
Does that mean I have to actually post so that there IS a Martial Arts part of the forum? :D
Fri 06/10/06 at 22:34
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I'm baaaaaaaack

Glad its back up and going...i missed you guys! *sniff*
Fri 06/10/06 at 21:30
Regular
Excellent, thank you to CM Gone for doing the application, Smedlos and Alfonse for argeeing to mod it and the staffies for helping us create it :D

[I]Woo![/I]
Fri 06/10/06 at 20:01
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The Wrestling & Martial Arts forum is back!

So lets get talking!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.