GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you share your interests/hobbies with your girlfriend/wife?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/11/08 at 13:47
Regular
(Or boyfriend/husband if you're a girl)

Is she a gamer? Maybe she prefers games like Wii Fit and can't understand why you enjoy picking up prostitutes in GTA and running down old ladies.

What about movies? Does she prefer movies like Sex in the City while you'd prefer to watch Watchmen?

How about TV? You want to watch the football but she wants to watch the dancing, so instead you settle for a property program because atleast then you can stare at Amanda Lamb or Sarah Beeny for an hour.
Sun 23/11/08 at 23:00
Regular
Why does kindness factor in with most guys for girlfriends? I want Lindsay Lohan, not Mother Teresa.
Sun 23/11/08 at 22:12
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
spoonbeast wrote:
> love isn't about finding the perfect person. Its about finding
> someone and believing she's perfect.

Amen...

Part of me wishing I didn't go to Swansea. Spent ages trying to forget that I think she's perfect and then spending time with her again...she is. Weird as many people find her annoying...I think I would but as I said...believe she is perfect! meh!

That's wher I feel really stupid. Realised all the dates I've had...I've always looked for someone who has her qualities, but it's not the same.
Sat 22/11/08 at 17:21
Regular
"Reach for the stars"
I had a boyfriend once and he absolutely loves films like Titanic and the romantic junk but i hate it. I love watching gangster films or ones set in prison and especially horrors! I thought that was funny that the guy liked romance and the girl liked horror.
Sat 22/11/08 at 13:57
Regular
Mrs YH has got into F1 a bit over the last year or so. Although for some reason the noise of it sends her to sleep. We were at Brands Hatch earlier in the year and she was sitting about 15 fett away from the track, no ear plugs in, and she was droping off.

As for games etc she likes some of the Wii games and is slowly making her way through Ratatouille. I was happy with the fact that the Xbox 360 was mine, until we got Guitar Hero World Tour....

The game & wireless guitar is only £50 from Argos at the moment by the way.
Fri 21/11/08 at 18:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
spoonbeast wrote:
> just remember kids:
>
>
> love isn't about finding the perfect person. Its about finding
> someone and believing she's perfect

despite their obvious flaws.
Fri 21/11/08 at 17:14
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Im quite lucky as my girlfriend loves most of the same stuff as me well expect football really.

We both love games and thats what we play mainly just completed GOW2 together and are both addicted to COD5 multiplayer. She does have the odd weird game taste with the likes of Viva Pinata but on the whole we are same.

Georgie loves films, and we have 3 of our top 5 films in common and there is very rarely a time when we disagree on a film.

We both have similar tastes in TV apart from the Hills and Americas top model which she hates......I mean I hate.

I love music being in a band and all and Ive converted her to a few bands I like but not all of them, but she has a good taste in music still her fave band is the Beatles.

She watches football with me but she aint too impressed by it to be honest she gets bored easily and moaning when Spurs go behind but on the whole we are perfect for each other.
Fri 21/11/08 at 17:02
Regular
"eat toast!"
just remember kids:

love isn't about finding the perfect person. Its about finding someone and believing she's perfect.
Thu 20/11/08 at 19:38
Regular
"Monochromatic"
hippyman wrote:
> Sadly not long after I left Game. Keep going nearby Game when
> I'm up there seeing if I could bump into her to ask her out or
> something, but no luck as of yet...

Ha, i'm doing something very similar at the moment, trying to accidentally bump into someone on purpose. Dont think it going to work and i dont fancy hanging around on the underground in the freezing cold anymore.
Back on topic, it's strange, i dont have anything in common with her as far as hobbies which is why i didnt ask her out a year ago when i should have but there is a strange connection. She's a bit wild but she's got suprising depth and sweetness.
Thu 20/11/08 at 19:24
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Meh...single.

I think as long as she'd definitely a she, not too much of an age gap and isn't a pigment of my imagination (or planning on moving to Franceland) I wouldn't even care if she had interests that were wildly different to mine.

As it's not going to well for me at the moment, there are a few options open. Saw a girl that kept coming into Game when I worked there and she was amazingly attractive, friendly, kind AND a huge gamer! She actually came in once and asked if I could serve her as there were a few moments of chemistry. Sadly not long after I left Game. Keep going nearby Game when I'm up there seeing if I could bump into her to ask her out or something, but no luck as of yet...
Thu 20/11/08 at 15:15
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Me and my girlfriend seem to share the same kind of humour, we both love things like Scrubs and Mock the Week. And generally TV-wise we seem to watch the same kind of things. She loves films so I get to see a lot that otherwise I probably wouldn't have (as I rarely buy DVDs, but just wait for it to come on TV or someone else to get it for me as a present). In terms of music she tries to convince me that I should love McFly and Busted but it'll never happen!

But yeah I think the biggest common interest is our humour, which is great (as some times it can generate odd looks it's nice to share the uniqueness of it!). :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.