GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smackdown 2 vs WWF No Mercy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/01/01 at 21:10
Regular
I think this is a very close run thing, Smackdown is fast and furious wrestling while No Mercy is slower but more playable. The career modes on both have their faults Smackdowns life meter thing is incredibly annoying but No Mercy's however good can become tedious if trying to complete a belt fully. Smackdown has more matches than you can wave a 2x4 at but some are very similar and just there to enlargen the list, the stable option is alot better than No Mercy so is backstage but then backstage isnt always necessary. No Mercy is a great game to play with your mates the ladder match gives enough laughs to keep even a non wrestling fan interested. Overall you should buy whichever is on your console because these are the crem de la creme of the WWF but check No mercy has cleared its deleting bug before you buy but if not it is still worth it.
Wed 10/01/01 at 21:10
I think this is a very close run thing, Smackdown is fast and furious wrestling while No Mercy is slower but more playable. The career modes on both have their faults Smackdowns life meter thing is incredibly annoying but No Mercy's however good can become tedious if trying to complete a belt fully. Smackdown has more matches than you can wave a 2x4 at but some are very similar and just there to enlargen the list, the stable option is alot better than No Mercy so is backstage but then backstage isnt always necessary. No Mercy is a great game to play with your mates the ladder match gives enough laughs to keep even a non wrestling fan interested. Overall you should buy whichever is on your console because these are the crem de la creme of the WWF but check No mercy has cleared its deleting bug before you buy but if not it is still worth it.
Wed 10/01/01 at 21:58
Regular
"I like cheese"
I agree. It's very close, and they're both great!!

But last time I did this, I got insulted by everyone, so I don't liie discussing all this "sd2vnm" stuff.
Thu 11/01/01 at 22:29
Regular
"Back in black"
Chicken Run" (the latest from Aardman Studios, the makers of the 'Wallace and Gromit' films) is simply the most delightful, visually amazing, and FUN animated movie since Disney's "The Lion King." Other studios (notably Warner Brothers) have tried to take a bite out of Disney's pie-share of the kid-movie market, but Aardman and Dreamworks have done it best in this charming, hilarious, and edge-of-your-seat thrilling animated fantasy about a group of hens trying to break out of a chicken farm. Running the farm with an evil eye and an iron ax are the villainous Mrs. Tweedie and her henpecked (literally) husband, who's sure those chickens are plotting escape. The voices are perfect, from Julia Sawalha and Joan Horrocks from "Absolutely Fabulous" as chickens to Mel Gibson as the "flying" rooster Rocky. I want to recommend that every parent take their kids to see this one: unlike many other recent cartoons, this one is completely suitable for all but the very youngest children (there's some tense moments in a chase at the end, and a little threatening to the chickens with an ax), but even better, this will delight and amuse the adults with its clever animation, perfect voice-casting, witty visual allusions to famous movies like "The Great Escape," "The Bridge over the River Kwai," and "Raiders of the Lost Ark," and Indiana Jones-type thrills that range from a chase inside an automatic chicken pie-making machine to a dramatic and climatic escape that is reminiscent of, but even improves on, the high-energy chase sequences of Aardman's "Wallace and Gromit" films. The moral lessons (you can succeed better with teamwork; stand by your friends) are pointed but gentle, without hitting kids over the head. I can't recommend this one highly enough, folks, whatever age you are. And if you head out of the theater and go eat a chicken pot pie, you have a much, much, harder heart than mine! this is just funny but a bit to childish so older viewers like me 6/10
Thu 11/01/01 at 22:31
Regular
"Back in black"
sorry people, i just put that in the games section instead of dvd. ignore it it mite go awaymi gotta re-rite that!!!arhhhhh
Fri 12/01/01 at 21:22
Ant wrote:
> I agree. It's very close, and they're both great!!

But last time
> I did this, I got insulted by everyone, so I don't liie discussing
> all this "sd2vnm" stuff.

I didn't insult you!
Sat 13/01/01 at 12:29
Regular
"I like cheese"
No you didn't, and I thank you for that.
Sat 13/01/01 at 12:58
Regular
"everyone says it"
NoMercy is better.

Why? Because I have both and which one is it I am playing today. NoMercy.

It has lastest longer everything u do is different and Smackdown has not lasted as long as I would have hoped.
Sat 13/01/01 at 14:30
Regular
i hav had Smackdown 2 for a month now and i havnt touched it since the day i bought it. to me it has no appeal at all. i'm just wating for the unglitched no mercy.
Sat 13/01/01 at 16:57
No Mercy!

The most fun thing about it is smacking "Fabulous Moolah" and "Mae Young" round the head with ring bells or even pounding her head on it and hearing a satisfying.....

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding! With every thud!

No Mercy is better by far!

(Not that I know....I've never played Smackdown 2!)

Sorry!
Sun 14/01/01 at 19:06
I prefere beating up Kianti because you can't lose the due to the glitch

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.