GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is there anyone in here who has nothing against the ps2, or who has everything against it"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/01/01 at 19:53
Regular
i am so pleased with mine, i have no faults so far and hopefully will not have any in the future!
rite to me and tell me wat u think!
Mon 22/01/01 at 23:28
Regular
the dualshock2 cable is marginally longer than the previous dualshock, can you still play your now structural psx2 in the comfort of your living room, or have you put a tv in the front garden ?

Mon 22/01/01 at 22:21
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I have everything against the PS2... My house recently suffered from subsidence, and to stop it falling into the ground, I've lent it against a PS2... everything I own is in that house!

Oh no what have I done? My girlfriends gonna kill me!!
Mon 22/01/01 at 19:59
When the N64 came out Nintendo thought it would be a good idea to give it inbuilt four player capability’s. I bet every body has enjoyed a four player match of Goldeneye at some time or another. I know I have.
Also Nintendo invested in a three pin USB like controller port so they could have tones of buttons on the controller. I recon the multi player capabilities (take your controller round a mates minus the TV cables and spare console) is the single reason why the N64 is still popular.

Saga seen what this was a good idea and swiftly copied it. Sony on the other hand has NOT!

So in a world of four player consoles Sony chose a two player design. Its not because Four player is not fun, its not because they don't have the money or resources. So they probably could not be bothered!

I was surprised like allot of my mate that they didn’t try for a better controller design. Ye its good but we still get cramp after five days glued to the screen.

I’m not saying Sony haven’t made an effort, even if it seems as if they have just got a Playstation and put a better motherboard, CPU and cheap ram on it.
Even they heat distribution is the same! Openings at the side fan at the back.

The backwards compatibility thing doesn’t work 100%. Ok it doesn’t work with games like Disco food and Penguin invaders 10th anniversary. Games witch nobody has herd of but Sony found this out after launch and are still testing the games now.

I’m not saying the Play Station 2 is BAD, just a bit rushed. As if they are milking the name before it goes down like the Titanic. The Playtanic the beast console in the world.
Fri 12/01/01 at 00:10
Regular
i have a ps2 and think that while the released games are ok, the true potential of the ps2 is yet to be realised (mgs2, gt2000,etc).i trust sony to fulfill its potential with the ps2.as far as x-box is concerned we'll have to wait and see.we as consumate gamers can only win.
Thu 11/01/01 at 18:50
i have a PS2 too and it is brilliant. Although when compared to the Xbox it doesn't look so great, its the quality of software that counts. Sony have an established consumer base and loyal customers. Microsoft have er...an early design of a box with an X embedded on its front. When I see the machine in action then I will congratulate Microsoft if required. Until then, PS2 will rule forever!
Thu 11/01/01 at 15:57
Regular
Jimmy!
Thu 11/01/01 at 15:44
Regular
why fgive him a game??!!1 he onli rites trwash aboot the pS" and MaKes fuin of mee!!!11

Thu 11/01/01 at 15:03
Hi,
I am a longstanding psx and nintendo owner but I have to say that currently the PS2 leaves me a little cold. I'm not anti-sony or anti PS2 but I do think that the PS2 release has highlighted some of the inequalities and rather unpleasant practices that are prevailent in the console industry. Call me cynical but I just can't help but feel that us european gamers are being fleeced and fobbed off.

Firstly, and I know it's probably been flogged to death, but 300 quid is a lot of money. It's not just a lot of money but it's 100 quid more than our north american cousins have to pay. Why? I don't buy the import and distribution costs argument and I think it is only short supply that is maintaining that price as it is.

And what about region encoding? I know it's been around for years now but is it really such a crime to buy a game from a US retailer because the game will never see the light of day over here? Xenogears/Parasite Eve anyone? Considering that the games companies are constantly pushing for a global world market with as few trade barriers as possible it seems a little rich to be denying their customers the same opportunity. The dvd region issue clouds things a little but then that's just the film studios playing the same game.

The paultry allocation of machines worldwide is another aspect of the launch that annoys me. I can't believe sony think that having games stores shelves packed with PS2 games when there are no consoles to go with them is going to win them many friends.

Ok, so early adopters accept the high price they have to pay for their leading edge gaming experiences but apart from SSX there wasn't much in the launch that screamed 'buy me'. I accept the argument that there won't be any truly ground breaking games for about a year to 18 months at the earliest but it does make the rushing of the console launch seem a little bit profit motivated.

When all is said and done I will, in all probability, be buying one of sony's cursed machines before the year is out but I'll resent the price and I'll resent region lockout and I'll resent the green screen scart dvd playback. I'm a sucker but at least I know it.

Remember, Sony want as much of our hard earned cash as they can get and they are VERY good at getting us to belive that we should give it to them.
Wed 10/01/01 at 22:19
Regular
Hey why don't you go to the Future of Gaming forum anymore?
It's better over there.
PS don't put so much writing in the middle of the topic it is annoying.
Wed 10/01/01 at 22:17
"High polygon count"
Put what?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.