GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And Americans actually wonders why people hate them?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 13:40
Regular
http://www.guardian.co.uk/aids/story/0,7369,898544,00.html

Is it any surprise when they elect utter morons who are beholden only to big business and who have absolutely no interest in representing the people of the country they preside over?

There's only a limited amount of time that other nations can be kept poor and dependant before trouble kicks off...
Sun 23/02/03 at 15:37
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Goatboy wrote:
> Tsk tsk, try to curb the sneering Bell, it weakens your arguments

OKay, what is your opinion Goatboy of the "N.Korea sells a complete missile launcher, launch vehicle, warhead, to terrorist group which then launches it" theory ? You seriously believe it ? First he says they'd do it for money, then later says they don't care about money ? It is a stupid argument and about as likely as George Bush leading an invasion of Iraq from the front line.....

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 22/02/03 at 23:28
Regular
"bWo > You"
Belldandy wrote:
> I'm just going to leave LL CóòL †† to his little Korean
> missile launcher ideas....clueless.
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

Will you never learn? Everyone else seems to understand it. Ah well, bricks walls weren't made for talking to...
Sat 22/02/03 at 22:41
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> WHO CARES???
>
> no-one here is in a position to re-direct the political strategies of
> any of the nations involved. Just take some chill-pills and exercise
> your thumbs on some video games.
>
> Bloody weirdos.

*puts hands over ears and shuts eyes*

LALALALALALALA

;-p
Sat 22/02/03 at 22:32
"Darkness, always"
WHO CARES???

no-one here is in a position to re-direct the political strategies of any of the nations involved. Just take some chill-pills and exercise your thumbs on some video games.

Bloody weirdos.
Sat 22/02/03 at 22:15
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Not to mention making you look like twazzock.
Sat 22/02/03 at 21:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Tsk tsk, try to curb the sneering Bell, it weakens your arguments
Sat 22/02/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I'm just going to leave LL CóòL †† to his little Korean missile launcher ideas....clueless.

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 22/02/03 at 13:24
Regular
"bWo > You"
Thanks, Jonman, and you actually gave me an opportunity to fully explain my position. Ta for that second link, by the way, it's brilliant, and scarily true.
Sat 22/02/03 at 12:46
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
'K.

Good to read some objective responses for a change. Cheers Goaty and LL. You two have expressed much better than I did in my irritation what I actually meant to say. I've just started reading up on some Chomsky, which I'm finding in equal parts unbelievable, horrific, shocking, and hilarious. I'd recommend that you guys ('specially you, Goaty - always struck me as a rational chap) check out some of his stuff - there's loads online. The man knows his stuff, and it's shocking the difference between what he presents (which is, of course, subject to his own spin) and the 'offical' version of the events.

As I said, I got bored half-way through the thread (usual rubbish from the usual suspects), and was mainly responding to the sentiments expressed in the original few posts and the title of the post.

If anyone other than these two sensible fellas can be bothered to read some tongue-in-cheek coverage which is suprisingly revealing, here's a couple of links which have tickled my irony-gland over the last coupla weeks. Forgive me if they've been posted before...

http://www.observer.co.uk/com ment/story/0,6903,882459,00.html (remove space)

http://www.rense.com/general30/case.htm
Sat 22/02/03 at 10:32
Regular
"bWo > You"
I must second your opinion, Goatboy.

As I've never had the opportunity to go to America, I've never been able to speak to a true American who still lives in America. I have absolutely no problem with the American people as I cannot form an opinion on them, Jonman.

The fact of the matter is that the government, as always, does not represent the people. This is the case in just about any 'democracy' in the world, but I won't go off on a tangent. We're increasingly finding governments going off and doing whatever the hell they like, ignoring the wants and needs of the people they were elected to serve. And let's not forget that they were elected to serve the people, and not to rule over them.

But in America we have an even worse case - they have a 'leader' who cheated his way into power, all thanks to his daddy's pals in the Supreme Court. Al Gore got more than 500,000 votes than Dubya Bush, but because of George Snr. they never got counted. And before you start to complain, Belldandy, I've got facts to back up these claims, so sit back down and read the full works of George Dubya Bush. Done it yet? Good, now find something interesting to do.

Back to the point, and I apologise to anyone else who had to waste their time reading that bit to Belldandy. Jonman, we, as an entire people, have to realise that the democracy we get given to us is not the democracy we think we want. Whether we want it or not is another matter, but as it seems that we do, we should try to do as much as we can to get it. America's political freedom is about equal to Britain's (from what I've read, at least), but it still is very little.

The problems I have with 'America' are in fact with the government, who make these mind-blowingly appalling decisions in the name of the people. I am not one of those people who hates the American government because it's 'the system', or because it is cool to do so. The thing is, I detest the government in general, whether they are Republican or Democratic, as America has taken 'looking out for number one' to new lows in terms of what it is willing to do. Various treaties not signed or gone back on; pollution levels that dwarf every other nation in the world - I'm just sick of it now. The American government would not be so much of a problem if their decisions did not affect me so directly, but sadly they do. I really don't want to be ruled over by a bunch of incompetant lunatics, fronted by someone who's perplexed by just trying to write a letter.

The American people are not the ones we are trying to vent our frustrations towards, as they have little to no control over what their government do for them anymore. The problems we highlight are intended to reflect on those incumbents in office, and not the ordinary guy walking on the street.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.