GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dear microsoft monkeys"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/08/05 at 15:28
Regular
"Captain to you."
Fable? is this any good? the PC version is due soonish and i am looking to get it so i though i would ask opinions on the xbox version.

I know it's a RPG but thats about it, is it similar to any others? is it a big game? i know that 'lost chapters' is going to have more content but just wondering how much play you got out of the game.
Sun 28/08/05 at 11:29
"Retarded List"
Ah Populous. Haven't played that for ages.
Sun 28/08/05 at 11:21
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Or Populous. That ruled.
Sat 27/08/05 at 23:25
Regular
Now now, greatest Bulldog game goes to Syndicate on the Amiga ;).
Sat 27/08/05 at 23:18
hell ye. He even knobbed theme park, which is the greates bullfrog game I can remember right now, off a damn kid. He should be a damn nobody, arrrr.
Sat 27/08/05 at 22:58
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> It's an RPG with no depth; something I've come to expect from a
> Molyneux game, actually.

Ouch, painful, but true ;).

All the good stuff they promised was left out, another hallmark of Lionhead :).
Sat 27/08/05 at 21:29
Regular
"Captain to you."
I always pick mages in RPGs love both healy and fighty ones.

The reason i have played guild wars so much was because you get your healy monk or a elementalist with some hardcore powers, even though it is a bit light on the detail of chacters wise, it is pretty.

I'm getting fable but i think it will probably get a small amount of play next to dungeon siege 2.
Sat 27/08/05 at 20:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Prophet wrote:
> Exactly.
>
> The sheer wealth of things to see and do in the game-world during or
> after you've finished the main quest is impressive.

You haven't played a decent RPG before then...
Sat 27/08/05 at 14:28
Regular
"8==="
You can make your own depending on how you upgrade your character though.

I made myself a weedy mage the second time through and hardly upgraded his health at all which forced me to play my character properly (hanging back and using spells) and not just battering everything like some super-human killing mage-chine on steroids. :D

Also if you want, you can upgrade your character's strength to max but only let him kill people with a stick (this is a rare game where doing that would actually be fairly fun).
Sat 27/08/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Captain to you."
no difficulty settings 0_o
Sat 27/08/05 at 13:30
Regular
"8==="
The thing that irked me the most is that they said it would still be about as easy for the Lost Chapters.

I want difficulty settings/the game to adapt to how good I am at it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.