GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dear microsoft monkeys"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/08/05 at 15:28
Regular
"Captain to you."
Fable? is this any good? the PC version is due soonish and i am looking to get it so i though i would ask opinions on the xbox version.

I know it's a RPG but thats about it, is it similar to any others? is it a big game? i know that 'lost chapters' is going to have more content but just wondering how much play you got out of the game.
Fri 26/08/05 at 15:28
Regular
"Captain to you."
Fable? is this any good? the PC version is due soonish and i am looking to get it so i though i would ask opinions on the xbox version.

I know it's a RPG but thats about it, is it similar to any others? is it a big game? i know that 'lost chapters' is going to have more content but just wondering how much play you got out of the game.
Fri 26/08/05 at 15:38
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I still go back every now and then and Ive completed it 4 times now. Lost Chapters will be worth waiting for as along with the extra content, i think it has a low price tag £19.99 (correct me if im wrong)
Fri 26/08/05 at 16:54
Regular
"Captain to you."
This concept of paying for things interests me, however acquiring has begun and cannot be stopped.
Fri 26/08/05 at 16:55
It's an RPG with no depth; something I've come to expect from a Molyneux game, actually.
Fri 26/08/05 at 18:12
Regular
It has depth, it just depends how you play it.
Fri 26/08/05 at 18:35
Regular
"8==="
It's the best 'hack and slash' game ever made (until Spartan: Total warrior turns up) as an RPG it's fun but not much of a challenge for seasoned RPG players.

Worth it if you're aware of what you're getting into.
Fri 26/08/05 at 19:10
"Retarded List"
I've always been fond of it. The whole ambience of it makes me keep coming back to it. :)

Granted, it is shallow compared to epic's like Morrowind, but for a simple RPG it's well worth it.
Fri 26/08/05 at 20:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's not very long, it's not very complex, and it's biggest amazing wow feature is that you can talk to people and make them love or hate you, mainly by pressing the same button over and over and over.

Then you finish the story in 5 minutes and sell it.

There, that was far more refined than my usual tirade.
Fri 26/08/05 at 21:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've got to agree with Cyc on this one.
As per usual with Molyneaux games, it promised much and initially was entertaining. But after a couple of hours, you've seen everything it's got to offer and it's simply repeating itself in different areas.
Much like Black & White.
RPG-wise it's an extremely lite attempt, and nothing really affects the gameplay outside of the aesthetic angle. Be good or evil, whatever - you'll still have the same quests and tasks to perform with the exception of a couple of annoying locked doors that require you to achieve a thankless task for a pair of trousers or some shoes.

Knights of Old Republic 2 is a much better RPG in that it's very long, the storyline is fantastic and it's good fun to play.
Sat 27/08/05 at 09:28
Regular
"Captain to you."
OMG i considered KOTOR 2 as a short game compared to most RPGS it was only about 7 hours long, fable must be tiny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.