GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" What do you hate the most about your Console or Computer system????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/01/01 at 16:36
Regular
Here at the Future of Gaming forum we are always very positive about our consoles and computer systems, today I plan to change that by asking:

What do you hate the most about your Console or Computer system????

I'll start: I hate my playstation because it only has 2 joystick ports, I have the sony official PS1 multitap which works fine. However by the time you have 5 pads in your Playstation playing "ISS Pro" the number of leads hanging around is a nightmare and inevitably someone always ends up jerking a pad, and out pops the multitap. This problem is made worse if your playstation isnt on the floor, I dont have my playstation on the floor (It's on a desk with my TV) and this is just annoying. Sure my N64 joypads get tangled, but having to use a multitap on my playstation can be downright frustrating at times. It was also sad to see Sony didnt put 4 ports on the Playstation2 as standard, there isnt really an excuse for not including this essential feature in the worlds most powerful games console.

OK so you get the idea, so what do you hate is it the games (like the Spice Girls on the PS1), the peripherals or the fact your system breaks down every 2 months????

Have your shout here! Remember without constructive criticism our systems would never improve.
Wed 10/01/01 at 14:05
I also hate the fact that for years third party companies have been making memorycards for the PS1 with a large capacity, and Sony has been ripping us off , approximately £10 for a 1 meg card. Why couldnt they have built in memory into the redesigned PS1, or alternatively produced cards with a bigger capacity.
Theyve always been able too, they just milked us for our cash...we know this because now the PS2 is out Sony has produced an 8 meg card for it.
Tue 09/01/01 at 23:10
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The Game wrote:
> headless frenchman

Ah wuud av yew no, zis is not funnee. We French, note ze capital F, are wun of ze greatest nations on ze planet.

So pleeze, enough wis ze chicken jokes. D'accord?
Tue 09/01/01 at 23:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
Obviously u guys haven't used Mac O.S 9!!!

No problems, no bugs, no crashes, and best of all NO WINDOWS!!!

Isn't it about time u brought a mac, is anyone interested in a AMD 1.1 ghz WORKSTATION BRAND NEW for £450??

I have one but I dont need it!

Anyone, it has everything
Tue 09/01/01 at 23:07
Regular
I wish i had a broadband imagine the speed of the games!
No slowdown, 1 minute loads.
Tue 09/01/01 at 23:05
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The thing with PC's is that you do't need the fastest one. It may make you feel inferior where PC's are concerned but you really only need a PC that seems fast enough to you.

You get the occasion person who can never have a PC fast enough but for the common man. The PC that feels 'fsat enough' is the perfect PC for him. I would trade about about 500Mhz from a 1400mhz computer if it meant having a good graphics, sound and modem card/connection. I would go for ability over speed up to a certain limit. The thing is, if you have anything lower than a 400mhz card then you would want more speed rather than fancy pants add-ons.

But for me I would rather be able to play online games in full 3D rather than have the computer running around like a headless frenchman doing naff all!

The Game
Tue 09/01/01 at 23:02
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Have to ask... what did that stand for FM?

"This Time We Get It Right - Or Your Money Back"

HAAAAAAahahah ahahaahahhahaha......ha

*sigh*
Tue 09/01/01 at 22:55
Regular
What do you hate most about your PC?
ONe thing, and it's your machine less powerful each year!
Every year, month or week you get pentium 1000mhz, Voodoo 6's (althought they can't make anymore) and faster CD drives.
You can't keep up with the latest technology for your PC, as in a console they come out every year or so, you've got plenty of time to save up for them, but not for a PC.

Suddenly after 2 months your 128mb of RAM are now completely punysized by 500mb of RAM.
Crazy isn't it? But it will happen everytime, you need to upgrade the whole motherboard to get a PC fast enough to run your games on as the developers op for better graphics and better framerates as they eapect you to have fast machines.
Tue 09/01/01 at 22:10
Regular
Have to ask... what did that stand for FM?
Tue 09/01/01 at 22:01
Regular
....or Barbie
Tue 09/01/01 at 22:01
Regular
On the PSX, it used to make a really funny whirring sound when you first put a disc in, then everytime it loaded a level it would do it again, or when you where changing screens in a menu. I didn't like that about the PSX.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.