GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" What do you hate the most about your Console or Computer system????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/01/01 at 16:36
Regular
Here at the Future of Gaming forum we are always very positive about our consoles and computer systems, today I plan to change that by asking:

What do you hate the most about your Console or Computer system????

I'll start: I hate my playstation because it only has 2 joystick ports, I have the sony official PS1 multitap which works fine. However by the time you have 5 pads in your Playstation playing "ISS Pro" the number of leads hanging around is a nightmare and inevitably someone always ends up jerking a pad, and out pops the multitap. This problem is made worse if your playstation isnt on the floor, I dont have my playstation on the floor (It's on a desk with my TV) and this is just annoying. Sure my N64 joypads get tangled, but having to use a multitap on my playstation can be downright frustrating at times. It was also sad to see Sony didnt put 4 ports on the Playstation2 as standard, there isnt really an excuse for not including this essential feature in the worlds most powerful games console.

OK so you get the idea, so what do you hate is it the games (like the Spice Girls on the PS1), the peripherals or the fact your system breaks down every 2 months????

Have your shout here! Remember without constructive criticism our systems would never improve.
Tue 09/01/01 at 16:36
Here at the Future of Gaming forum we are always very positive about our consoles and computer systems, today I plan to change that by asking:

What do you hate the most about your Console or Computer system????

I'll start: I hate my playstation because it only has 2 joystick ports, I have the sony official PS1 multitap which works fine. However by the time you have 5 pads in your Playstation playing "ISS Pro" the number of leads hanging around is a nightmare and inevitably someone always ends up jerking a pad, and out pops the multitap. This problem is made worse if your playstation isnt on the floor, I dont have my playstation on the floor (It's on a desk with my TV) and this is just annoying. Sure my N64 joypads get tangled, but having to use a multitap on my playstation can be downright frustrating at times. It was also sad to see Sony didnt put 4 ports on the Playstation2 as standard, there isnt really an excuse for not including this essential feature in the worlds most powerful games console.

OK so you get the idea, so what do you hate is it the games (like the Spice Girls on the PS1), the peripherals or the fact your system breaks down every 2 months????

Have your shout here! Remember without constructive criticism our systems would never improve.
Tue 09/01/01 at 16:39
Regular
No third party support for the N64. Explains itself.
Tue 09/01/01 at 16:56
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Having a Windows OS in my PC, explains itself too.
Tue 09/01/01 at 18:27
Hates bout my PS2 (i know i know)

It sometimes crashes.
You cannot play PS1 games with more than one disk.
The loud fan (should have Quiet and Performance mode in config)
Only 2 controller ports.

Hates bout my PC

Always needs updating
Always crashes
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:06
Regular
"Under the Wall"
My 3rd party controllers.
The competition pro one is surprisingly nice. They sold me a dodgy one for my SNES, so I was suspicious, but it's actually better than the official ones, and even the d-pad feels nice, even though if they just put a cross shaped sticker on the pad you wouldn't notice for months. Now that to me screams quality.

However, the one I got free for reddies is not so good. It wasn't the type pictured, but that one with the short handles they don't/can't sell any more. It feels tacky, the buttons are too spaced out and the stick is too long. Maybe it's just my incredibly small hands?
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:06
Regular
"Under the Wall"
That's N64, by the way.
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:42
Regular
"everyone says it"
I COULD NEvvEEERRR HATE MY MAC!!!!

hehheheh
Tue 09/01/01 at 20:13
Regular
I hate the fact that my PC is too old and new games wont run properly on it!

It's been almost 3 years and my PC was top of the range but now it's almost ready for the scrapheap!

My monitor is slowly melting from the inside which doesn't help and as a result of this my games look stretched on screen.

My connection to the internet is too slow! I've got a 56k modem but it connects at 38,000bps and I'm lucky if it downloads at more than 2kbps.

New games wont work on it! Cos rich PC owners can afford extras like 3D cards and other peripherals, games are designed only for them! If the requirements were reduced then it would be more user friendly! Most PC's considered now as old can run games with just as good graphics as the Playstation 2 if they are programmed for efficiency!

Also the fact that I've still got Win95 bugs me! But I'm glad I haven't got Win98! Especially when Windows 2000 and Windows ME Which I think are different operating systems have been released since!

Basically I need a new PC! And right now I can't afford one!
Tue 09/01/01 at 20:21
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I have a Neo geo colour pocket... I can only buy imports and these are a bit pricey

I have a DC and I think it's underrated... maybe support from EA would be nice????
Tue 09/01/01 at 21:35
I hear you Edgy, Ive got a really old PC too, the only games I can run on it are "Sim Safari" and "Civilization II", great games but nothing to match the likes of Quake III or Unreal tournament. For me, its just too expensive to keep upgrading my PC every few years! A real pain. I also hate Microsoft, It seems like everytime I download one of there recommended packages they make all my file associations point to their applications, without even asking me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.