GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RONALDO HINTS AT HIGHBURY SWITCH"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/02/03 at 18:04
Regular
World Footballer of the Year Ronaldo has hinted at a move to Arsenal.

The Brazil striker has set his sights on Highbury after being singled out for criticism by his coach at Real Madrid.

Vicente del Bosque questioned Ronaldo's commitment to the team and labelled him a "little self-governing island" that has not improved the European Champions.

And after being told about the Premiership by Steve McManaman, the 26-year-old superstar may yet follow Gilberto Silva to north London.

"Arsenal are one of the great, traditional English clubs so perhaps I should go and play for them," he said.
"The idea of taking my career to the Premiership is very attractive. I know a lot about football and admire the achievements of Arsenal and Manchester United."

His Bernebau future was cast into doubt as Del Bosque hinted that his days may be numbered unless he improves his performance level.

"All my players are committed to working for the team," said the Real coach. "There is only who stands out from that, Ronaldo.

"As a coach, if you are happy with someone behaving like that because he thinks he is a star then fine. If not, you find someone else who follows team rules."
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Shadow wrote:
> Another Sky Sports special, I would doubt if Arsenal or Man Utd could
> afford Ronaldo.

Yea how could Man Utd, the world's richest club, ever afford him?
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
az_00_uk wrote:
> Arsenal don't need Ronaldo, i mean how can you improve on an already
> perfect team?
>
> I don't believe Ronaldo is anything special personally, especially
> with a perfect mixture in Henry, Bergkamp, Wiltord and Kanu, who needs
> Ronaldo as he is likely to come with a huge price tag aswell.

I agree and diasagree, there in my mind is no doughting just how good he is but he knows it and would not be willing to sit on the bench very much.
Sat 15/02/03 at 15:01
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Arsenal don't need Ronaldo, i mean how can you improve on an already perfect team?

I don't believe Ronaldo is anything special personally, especially with a perfect mixture in Henry, Bergkamp, Wiltord and Kanu, who needs Ronaldo as he is likely to come with a huge price tag aswell.
Fri 14/02/03 at 18:51
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Ronaldo and Henry?

BACK OF THE NET.

That would rule.
Fri 14/02/03 at 18:13
Regular
Another Sky Sports special, I would doubt if Arsenal or Man Utd could afford Ronaldo. As a fan I would love to see his skills in the Premiership, but without the attitude.
Fri 14/02/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Aka Hammond"
World Footballer of the Year Ronaldo has hinted at a move to Arsenal.

The Brazil striker has set his sights on Highbury after being singled out for criticism by his coach at Real Madrid.

Vicente del Bosque questioned Ronaldo's commitment to the team and labelled him a "little self-governing island" that has not improved the European Champions.

And after being told about the Premiership by Steve McManaman, the 26-year-old superstar may yet follow Gilberto Silva to north London.

"Arsenal are one of the great, traditional English clubs so perhaps I should go and play for them," he said.
"The idea of taking my career to the Premiership is very attractive. I know a lot about football and admire the achievements of Arsenal and Manchester United."

His Bernebau future was cast into doubt as Del Bosque hinted that his days may be numbered unless he improves his performance level.

"All my players are committed to working for the team," said the Real coach. "There is only who stands out from that, Ronaldo.

"As a coach, if you are happy with someone behaving like that because he thinks he is a star then fine. If not, you find someone else who follows team rules."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.