GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RONALDO HINTS AT HIGHBURY SWITCH"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/02/03 at 18:04
Regular
World Footballer of the Year Ronaldo has hinted at a move to Arsenal.

The Brazil striker has set his sights on Highbury after being singled out for criticism by his coach at Real Madrid.

Vicente del Bosque questioned Ronaldo's commitment to the team and labelled him a "little self-governing island" that has not improved the European Champions.

And after being told about the Premiership by Steve McManaman, the 26-year-old superstar may yet follow Gilberto Silva to north London.

"Arsenal are one of the great, traditional English clubs so perhaps I should go and play for them," he said.
"The idea of taking my career to the Premiership is very attractive. I know a lot about football and admire the achievements of Arsenal and Manchester United."

His Bernebau future was cast into doubt as Del Bosque hinted that his days may be numbered unless he improves his performance level.

"All my players are committed to working for the team," said the Real coach. "There is only who stands out from that, Ronaldo.

"As a coach, if you are happy with someone behaving like that because he thinks he is a star then fine. If not, you find someone else who follows team rules."
Sat 15/02/03 at 21:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well Vieria isn't exactly going to say

*Oh Ronaldo? he's way better than Henry. I mean soooooo much better it's not even funny. I wish we had Ronaldo on our team instead of Henry.*

He's going to stick up for his team mate and fellow countryman. I bet secretly he'd love to have Ronaldo playing with him.
Sat 15/02/03 at 18:30
"High polygon count"
Heh... told you so...

From Football365.com

-----

WE DON’T NEED RONALDO – VIEIRA

Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira believes that team-mate Thierry Henry is a better player than Brazil star Ronaldo, after reports claiming the World Cup winner would like to move to Highbury.

Ronaldo claimed on Friday that he would consider a move to the Premiership giants after a fall-out with Real Madrid boss Vicente del Bosque.

The World Player of the Year had been criticised for not being a committed team player.

Vieira told BBC London: "We have Thierry Henry and at the moment he's better than Ronaldo. Thierry is fantastic for us so we don't need anybody else."

A switch to Arsenal would pair the World Cup's golden boot with fellow Brazilian Gilberto Silva.
Sat 15/02/03 at 16:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Shadow wrote:
> You might be right, however I cannot see Real letting him go no matter
> what the coach thinks.

Very true, it'd take one hell of a fight between Del Bosque and Ronaldo for Madrid to actually consider selling him and if they did it'd be for a very high price
Sat 15/02/03 at 16:50
Regular
You might be right, however I cannot see Real letting him go no matter what the coach thinks.
Sat 15/02/03 at 16:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If anything shows the attitude towards football that Ronaldo has, it has to be not whatever just one coach says but how he has come back from the injuries he has had. That itself shows the love Ronaldo has for the game and how he has worked so hard to come back. All he wants to do is just play the game (and of course pick up the paycheck at the end of the day). I don't remember any problems with him at Inter so maybe it's just Del Bosque and Ronaldo having a clash of personalities.
Sat 15/02/03 at 16:36
Regular
The Nike link has been talked about before the World Cup when he was out of favour with Inter. To be honest if the Real Coach is to be believed and Ronaldo has the attitude that he is so much better than the rest, then would you want him in your team. I think he is a good player but I would have to agree with Wookiee I would have Henry over Ronaldo every day of the week.
Sat 15/02/03 at 16:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Anyway, Ronaldo's not good enough to play for Arsenal! :-)

Ooooh i haven't laughed so hard like this for a while. Thanx alot Wookie for that.
Sat 15/02/03 at 16:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Shadow wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> Yea how could Man Utd, the world's richest club, ever afford him?
>
> Because by paying him the wages he would demand, they would have to
> pay the same to about 6 other players, hence the fact they could not
> afford him

Beckham's getting 100k a week (god knows what for though) and i don't see any of the others rushing to Ferguson demanding they get paid the same amount so why should it be any different if Ronaldo joins? With the amount of advertising Ronaldo would bring with him along with loads of brazilian fans he'd pay for himself really. Also Nike can't be too happy that one of their main players is playing for a team sponsored by their biggest rivals so i'm sure they'd help United out a bit as well if they needed it to get him away from Real
Sat 15/02/03 at 16:22
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
Yea how could Man Utd, the world's richest club, ever afford him?

Because by paying him the wages he would demand, they would have to pay the same to about 6 other players, hence the fact they could not afford him. Real madrid do not have to worry about the city or shareholders, their debts are just written off by the banks, their biggest shareholders.
Sat 15/02/03 at 16:19
"High polygon count"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Yea how could Man Utd, the world's richest club, ever afford him?

They wouldn't be the richest club in the world for long!

Anyway, Ronaldo's not good enough to play for Arsenal! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.