GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How Much will the XBox cost?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/01/01 at 23:30
Regular
Well? I bet this Bill Gates loser will over charge us for his horrible, hackable, hardware hiccup! ha ha ha ha, I bet it costs about £400, Git, I bet it comes with free this and free that that you don't really need, you know you NEED to buy a remote for the DVD playing thing you can't use the controller even if, for some french reason, you might want to!

I don't understand it but I would still like to know the cost, and No stupid remarks like £1398.93 okay!

The Game
Wed 10/01/01 at 14:59
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The PC IS good for games, but I still have some left over, and like console action better. I am having withdrawals over the PSX, so need a fix. The DC will offer that because I'll be getting Shenmue and MSR to tide me over till the X-Box comes out, unless I fall for the hype and get a PS2 next year, in which case I may have to actually work for a living (shock) to generate more revenue for Microsoft's machine.
Wed 10/01/01 at 10:52
Regular
"not dead"
FantasyMeiste® wrote:
> I might just last it out on a DC in the meantime though.

I thought that after you'd spent big on your PC that would be the main platform for gaming for you at the moment?

meka_dragon PQMS8/00
Tue 09/01/01 at 18:48
I think between £200-£300 cos Bill will want to keep the cost of the machine low and make money of all the games they buy to go with it, this would seem a very logical idea.
Tue 09/01/01 at 18:42
Regular
"I like cheese"
The Game wrote:
>I don't understand it but I would still like to know the cost, and No stupid remarks like £1398.93 okay!

hmmmmmmmm......... £1398.93!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.

Around £400 I would expect, because of all the so called "PC Technology" in the console.
Tue 09/01/01 at 18:16
Regular
I might just last it out on a DC in the meantime though.
Tue 09/01/01 at 18:10
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
a long list of developers is not going to get the console here any quicker. over a year is a long time to wait
Tue 09/01/01 at 18:09
Regular
I suppose it's a bit like the SNES users dissing the PSX just before Sony launched it, this could be comparable, with DC and PS2 owners dissing the X-Box. It's a natural reaction to fear induced by a console 3 times more powerful than anything preceeding it looming on the horizon.

We've already had a glimpse from the Consumer Electronics Show of what the X-Box, running at one fifth of its power can do. I'm still in two minds about getting the PS2 considering the X-Box on paper at least will blow it out of the water with any of its first releases.
Tue 09/01/01 at 18:01
Regular
So far away! PS2 zealot alert! You are really joking really if they are so far away why do they have already a huge list of developers and games (some sequels but some new like Too Human).
Tue 09/01/01 at 17:57
Regular
"imagine how many people will be playing PS2 by then"

None! Baa ha ha!

Sorry, I'm in a funny mood.
Tue 09/01/01 at 17:49
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
dont get so excited just yet...x box is 1 year and 3 months away for europe...imagine how many people will be playing PS2 by then. i bet PCs will have higher specs by then. any console that can produce graphics as on games like MGS2 ,GT3 ,ZOE ,onimusha , and getaway + many many more willl do me just fine thanks .all games i will be playing before chritmas. image the PS2 chrimbo line up. dont get me wrong X box & gamecube are both great machines but they are so far away. what do you think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.