GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thought - Airport stuff"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 16:52
Regular
If I was a terrorist, not saying I am, but if I was, and I wanted to kill a lot of people, what I'd do is this.

I'd send bomb threats to loads of major airports around London. Maybe sacrifice a few people to show them that there are people taking bombs in.

All the time, leave one airport clean, and as all the other airports close, all the customers that have had their flights at all the other airports cancelled will travel to this one.

...And as it starts to get overcrowded because there aren't enough planes...

*boom*
Tue 18/02/03 at 10:56
Mummy, this man scares me!
Tue 18/02/03 at 10:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yep, i think it was what was being symbolised by the buildings that made them a target. That and the fact that there size made them a little easier to hit with a jumbo jet.
Tue 18/02/03 at 02:38
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
I reckon aircraft are a rubbish target anyway - the reason why the WTC was such a good target (from Al-Quaeda's point of view) was that not only did it have loads of people in, but caused massive commercial upset, as it housed a ludcrous amount of financial institutions. Plus it was such a powerful symbol of Western and more importantly, American capitalism.

London and New York Stock Exchanges would be high on the list of targets I would have thought.
Tue 18/02/03 at 01:13
Regular
Are you sure? Maybe, they are going Glasgow - Arizona - London.
Thu 13/02/03 at 23:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Glasgow to London, before flying out to Arizona, of course.
Thu 13/02/03 at 23:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hmmm... someone I knew was flying out to Arizona today.

They had to fly from Glasgow to London (not sure which London airport though), but I think they might've just missed all the Gatwick stuff as they went early.

Dunno. Thankfully I'm not going on any holiday for a while.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You're not making anything easier for me!

I'm flying Sunday morning...

Just hope that they don't do anything, I'll be so ****** off if I lose a holiday from anything....

May be selfish, but I've been looking forward to this for aaaages!
Thu 13/02/03 at 21:06
Regular
er-no wrote:
> They are probably not even the target.. merely the government trying
> to scaremonger us into wanting war.

Exactly. That's why Blair has sent the tanks etc to Heathrow. I live like 5 miles away from Heathrow, and I can say judging by the people I have talked to, nobody feels threatened by living so close. Bush wants the oil from Iraq, it's Korea he should be careful about. He's just carrying on from what his father started years ago...war. Stupid muppets.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Ant wrote:
> Oi. I'm working at a local paper for my work experience...I wrote two
> 85-word film reviews today. {:)

Yep, local papers are famous for their hard hitting stories aren't they... :P "Trolley stolen from waste ground" "Pensioners car stolen, then remembers where it was parked" Anyone whose read the column in FHM will have seen great examples, but I'm sure your film reviews were okay :)

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:58
Regular
"I like cheese"
Belldandy wrote:
> I think Dr Reid answered that quite effectively....even though our
> largely pea brained media misquoted him.

Oi. I'm working at a local paper for my work experience...I wrote two 85-word film reviews today. {:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.