GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England 1 - 3 Australia"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 22:14
Regular
Well, this is a result that speaks volumes. England have looked mediovre in their last two competitive games, and now in a meaningless friendly, the first choice 11 were made to look like a lower division outfit by a team they should have beaten comfortably.

Sure, they had a goal disallowed, but they gave the ball away too often, didn't defend well, and were almost inept at trying to get past the Socceroos stubborn defence.

So poor were they that a bunch of previously uncapped wannabes made a far superior performance.

Pathetic.
Thu 20/02/03 at 13:11
Regular
"Better Than You"
I do not see why everyone thinks Rooney played great. I think that when he had the ball he was greedy.

I do not think that he should have been picked because he has not even played in Englan Under 21's yet, let alone the England first team.

If you do play in the England Under 21's like Francis Jeffers and Jermaine Jenas when they get into the England first team they will play well together, like they did for Englands only goal.
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:57
an old topic i know, but i thought i'd add a line or two. England blow hot and cold, we beat germany 5-1 in munich, then squeezed a lucky draw out of greece. Australia is full of premiership players, at long last they are our equals in football, though the result went their way. It's not an embarrasing result, just a bad one
Fri 14/02/03 at 13:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I don't agree with you when you say we should've "comfortabley" beaten them.

For a start, their players are actually very-different to those of our country. The Aussie's are more like proper "athletes" than the ordinary "footballers" that Wayne Rooney and co. are.

Yes, we've got a good, strong sqaud with a lot of youth and depth, but the match against Australia was only really a "test" for Eriksson to try out some new players, and some very new things.

But I have to say that I'm very-annoyed to see that Eriksson persisted in playing Michael Owen - probably the only off-form player on the pitch (besides David James, of course).

Oh, and so much for James' "confidence-boost" also!
Harry Kewell's performance will remain concrete in his memory for the remaining months to come.

Down go West Ham... *THUD*!
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:30
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Somebody should buy this dvd for the England team:

http://www.playserver4.com/ space play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=107061
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Foreman wrote:
> Australia are a very good team, so I would say we lost to a
> respectable team.
>
> It was a friendly, and most of them were kids that were playing. I
> think Jenas had a brilliant game.

Austrailia are nothing to what England are, in terms of fame and expectation in football.

And in the first half, the regulars could not be bothered.

It sucked.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
And to you I say,

Brand new manger, starting from complete scratch, still finding a team, have no experienced player, apart from the odd one or two, have no decent defender, nothing.

Creating an International squad from nothing isn't easy you know, it takes time. It takes defeats. It takes trying out new things.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Azul wrote:
> Being Scottish, I can't help but comment.
>
>
>at least we got beaten by a respectable team....
> *sniggers*

Faroe Islands is all i have to say to you sir :D
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:10
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Australia are a very good team, so I would say we lost to a respectable team.

It was a friendly, and most of them were kids that were playing. I think Jenas had a brilliant game.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
At least we can get past the 2nd round of the World Cup.....

*sniggers*

*looks at results*

*cries*

:)
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:06
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Being Scottish, I can't help but comment.

I saw a bit of the match, and I must say, the Aussies really were actually playing quite well.
I personally loved the moment when the £29M defender got skinned, then watched as Kewell stepped past the James and laid it home.

Very nice.

And, well, Scotland got beat 2-0, but as with England, as soon as you saw the name "Sullivan" on the line up, you thought, "Oh no...."

Both goals were, in my view, his fault.
His positioning for the first was poor, my granny could've scored past him.
The second, what the hell was he doing coming out early and punching it to a striker??

Stupidity.

Ah well, at least in the second half, we gave a couple of new youngsters the chance, who actually performed quite well, especially Devlin on the wing.

And at least we got beaten by a respectable team....
*sniggers*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.