GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pci Vs Agp"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 17:26
Regular
Ive searched for graphs that show how much faster AGP is than PCI but i cant find anything. does anyone have any links they could paste to me. i want to know the difrenes. ive only got a pci slot
Wed 12/02/03 at 14:22
"Darkness, always"
Turbonutter wrote:
> I've told you this before, AGP isn't much faster than PCI, and with a
> 667 celeron you won't notice it at all.

I disagree. My flatmate has the same Geforce II card as I do, only mine is PCI and his is AGP. My PC is otherwise superior in every respect, yet games run far better on his machine than they do on mine.
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:16
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
lol
look at the overclocking forum and have a look at the products i listed! i need advice on them..
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:15
Regular
AGP is faster of course.. Accelerated Graphics port isn't a joke
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:42
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
arr. good idea.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> He has two so he can have to monitors on one machine, i also have two
> monitors but i use the one video card, most Geforce 4's with dvi out
> able to have dual displays.
>
> c.b.

Yeah my GF3 does DVI, but I can't afforf the cable thingy.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:15
Regular
DVI = Digital Video Interface, this is mainly for TFT screens but you can get a small adapter that changes it to a normal D pin plug and allows 2 monitors to run of one card, i use it to watch a dvd or divx movie on one monitor while surfing the net on the other and a ton of other things, i saves always having to change to differant pages from the taskbar.

c.b.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:07
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
what is DVI and why would you need 2 moniters tho.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:01
Regular
He has two so he can have to monitors on one machine, i also have two monitors but i use the one video card, most Geforce 4's with dvi out able to have dual displays.

c.b.
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:58
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
why have you got two, would you say that your pci is just as good as your agp
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Ah yes, well. The thing is, the memory bandwidth between your system and the card is 10 times slower (maybe.. it's a sizeable figure), but this has nothing to do with its ability to render stuff. My Voodoo 5 PCI runs at about 95% the speed of the AGP version. Not a great performance hit.

I use a PCI card because I have two graphics cards in the same machine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.