GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deep Blue Sea."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 17:21
Regular
Saw it on telly last night, hadn't seen it before. Tried to be Jaws, but didn't manage it.

It was ok, nothing special. Special effects are bloody awful, I think FM could do better with a copy of paint. It blatantly left itself open for a sequel, suprised they haven't released one yet, to be honest.

It was ok for a couple of hours of entertainment, nothing too special. Jaws was scary, this wasn't. This had a couple of jumpy moments in, and that was it.
It wasn't completely cliched, as the woman died and the "hard bloke" made it.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:14
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Insane Bartender wrote:
> FantasyMeister wrote:
> Spot the real ones.
>
>
> What real sharks? Even when they had an "ordinary" shark in
> open water, it was a terriblye fake of a tiger shark. Tiger sharks
> don't actually have huge brown stripes....

The 40ft Tiger Shark in the pen that the shark-wrangler was riding on at the beginning of the film was animatronic. It weighed something crazy like 3 tons, and they had a great deal of trouble stopping it once it got going :)

I've watched the movie a couple of times and still have trouble working out which ones are the real ones.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:20
"Darkness, always"
Probably because any real sharks ended up in the deleted scenes.

Seriously, any real sharks involved were probably just used to help aid the animators for the CGI sharks.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:21
"Darkness, always"
40ft bloody tiger shark indeed.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:24
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Sharks that can swim backwards.

Hah.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:26
"Darkness, always"
but they were "clever" sharks!
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Rendering Women."
All sharks are clever anyway, why the hell do we want to make them more clever.

They are the greatest predators in the world and I hope one of them attacks Bush.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:48
"Darkness, always"
Clever enough to detect 1 part blood in one million parts water, but when they look up, they can't tell a seal from a surfboard.

Yes, genius creatures.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:55
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Clever enough to detect 1 part blood in one million parts water, but
> when they look up, they can't tell a seal from a surfboard.
>
> Yes, genius creatures.

Clever enough to sense blood within a 4 mile radius, Also, meat was attached to that surfboard (if you are talking about the same famous clip I am).
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:57
"Darkness, always"
My point is, if a human being had the same perceptory capabilities that a shark has, we'd be far more deadly.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:59
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Damn right. Human kind was better off before we had developed language and communication.

Sharks rule because they are savage, each for their own.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.