GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deep Blue Sea."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 17:21
Regular
Saw it on telly last night, hadn't seen it before. Tried to be Jaws, but didn't manage it.

It was ok, nothing special. Special effects are bloody awful, I think FM could do better with a copy of paint. It blatantly left itself open for a sequel, suprised they haven't released one yet, to be honest.

It was ok for a couple of hours of entertainment, nothing too special. Jaws was scary, this wasn't. This had a couple of jumpy moments in, and that was it.
It wasn't completely cliched, as the woman died and the "hard bloke" made it.
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The effects where Samuel J was getting munched were rubbish, they may as well have had homer simpson in his place.
Wed 12/02/03 at 19:18
Regular
"everyone says it"
gerrid wrote:
> er-yes wrote:
> It was trying to be serious. It was just a crap film.
>
> What serious film would kill one of the main characters half way
> through the film, during a rousing speach?
> You all take things too seriously.

This film, because they couldn't afford him anymore.
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
er-yes wrote:
> It was trying to be serious. It was just a crap film.

What serious film would kill one of the main characters half way through the film, during a rousing speach?
You all take things too seriously.
Wed 12/02/03 at 15:03
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> The sagacious one wrote:
> Yeah harpooning it with the long pointy bit at the front and the
> actor
> who shot the shark was very wooden in DBS. Therefore I stand by my
> statement.
>
> My nautical terms are lacking though.
>
> So let me get this straight, if I were to attach a piece of wood to a
> car, and run somoene down with it, I'm not running them down with a
> lethal spear, I'm harpooning them?

If you harpooned them with the wood then yes. You could also claim that you skewered them with your Skoda/Ikea combo, but that would be pedantic.
Wed 12/02/03 at 14:11
"Darkness, always"
Might have been.

But imagine swimming with Great Whites without a cage! I tohught it was hilarious when his "peers" were saying in one sentence that Great Whites don't usually attack humans, and then in the next saying "You wouldn't catch me in the water with them".

Total hypocrites.

Ah, I wanna scuba with sharks. If only reef sharks or something.

Another thing of note was the documentary where they tested the first ever anti-shark chain mail. They tested it on reef sharks and it worked great, so they (i think it was Ron and Val or some sharkesque couple like that) wanted to test it on great whites. They wanted to do it personally, but their insurers talked them out of it for safety reasons.

Just as well too. The great white shredded the chain mail like it was punching it's way out of a paper bag.
Wed 12/02/03 at 14:06
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Was that the same documentary that had that dude who has lost both his legs (he was a surfer) and was still saying, 'It was cool' etc.. also, he gouged out the sharks eye to get away and then managed to swim back to shore?

Talk about holding your head up high!
Wed 12/02/03 at 14:02
"Darkness, always"
The most amazing thing for me, is how shark attack victims often claim to have felt no pain during attacks, despite fingers, hands and even entire limbs being lost.

Ever see that documentary with the scientist who swam in open water with great white sharks?
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:59
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Damn right. Human kind was better off before we had developed language and communication.

Sharks rule because they are savage, each for their own.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:57
"Darkness, always"
My point is, if a human being had the same perceptory capabilities that a shark has, we'd be far more deadly.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:55
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Clever enough to detect 1 part blood in one million parts water, but
> when they look up, they can't tell a seal from a surfboard.
>
> Yes, genius creatures.

Clever enough to sense blood within a 4 mile radius, Also, meat was attached to that surfboard (if you are talking about the same famous clip I am).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.