GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doing a cover version the correct way..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/02/03 at 19:44
Regular
Liberty X have done a cover of some song that I recognised, I don't know who it's by but it's called 'Being Nobody.'

It's different to the original, they've changed it and it sounds quite good...

I'm fine with groups doing covers and that's why I congratulate Liberty X on actually doing a proper cover of a song...

Don't get me started on Gareth, Will and Westlife...

They've all done covers, most notably 'Uptown Girl' by Westlife which was EXACTLY the same as the origiginal!

The vines also did a cover of 'Sorry Ms Jackson' by Outcast, it's good because they've made it completely different to the original. It's a lot slower than before and being different has made it really good...

If, you're gonna cover a song, at least make it sound different...

And you don't want to know how close I was to posting this in the life forum!
Mon 10/02/03 at 19:44
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Liberty X have done a cover of some song that I recognised, I don't know who it's by but it's called 'Being Nobody.'

It's different to the original, they've changed it and it sounds quite good...

I'm fine with groups doing covers and that's why I congratulate Liberty X on actually doing a proper cover of a song...

Don't get me started on Gareth, Will and Westlife...

They've all done covers, most notably 'Uptown Girl' by Westlife which was EXACTLY the same as the origiginal!

The vines also did a cover of 'Sorry Ms Jackson' by Outcast, it's good because they've made it completely different to the original. It's a lot slower than before and being different has made it really good...

If, you're gonna cover a song, at least make it sound different...

And you don't want to know how close I was to posting this in the life forum!
Mon 10/02/03 at 20:37
"...Unicef pennies.."
My sentiments exactly.

Where is the point in covering a song note perfect? You may aswell re-release the original and give the writer the credit that they deserve.

Good covers are sadly few and far between.
Mon 10/02/03 at 20:56
Has anyone heard Sugercoma(is that rigth something like that) cover on Britney Spears.

Worst.Cover.Ever
Mon 10/02/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
Best Cover Ever has to be Real Big Fish-Take on Me, great song
Tue 11/02/03 at 11:29
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Have you heard Incubus to No Scrubs by Destiny's Child?

Classic!
Tue 11/02/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Firestarter by Jimmy Eat World is a good one,

Absoultely nothing like the Prodigy One.

Another good one is Muse's Cover of the 'House of the rising sun'.
Tue 11/02/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
House of the rising sun should be buried on a desert island never to be found again.
Tue 11/02/03 at 17:21
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I'd like to see/hear Sclub7 cover "Smack my b1tch up".
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:57
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Elbow's cover of Destiny's Child's "Independant Woman", with it's excellent xylophone section.

Sheer genius. Even more so when accompanied by the kittens.
Tue 11/02/03 at 21:15
"Wa-wa-west"
agent under fire wrote:
> Has anyone heard Sugercoma(is that rigth something like that) cover on
> Britney Spears.
>
> Worst.Cover.Ever

Obviously it was bad, but it was just SO FUNNY. I cracked up when she started doing the chorus nu-metal stylee.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.