GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rock music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/02/03 at 18:34
Regular
A lot of people say rock music is dead, but personally i don't belive that. I belive that when the country went through a fase of wearing hoodies the major brands called it fasion and as soon as the children pulled off their hoodies they considered rock music dead.
I still buy rock music and listen too it on a regular basis, and maybe this is another problem why rock music is considered dead, its unbelivably hard too just get rock music, without it being slightly pop, punk, or emo! what do you guys think?
Sun 16/02/03 at 21:47
Regular
Rock started Bill Haley, didn't it?

Or Rock and Roll at least.

Did they take out the Roll when the likes of Deep Purple and Led Zepplin came along?
Sun 16/02/03 at 21:31
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
peice of dead wood seems as if he can't spell his name!! Shouldn't it say piece of dead wood? Doh!!!

*walks off laughing at peice of dead wood!*
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:34
Rock will never died. It goes back as far as the Beatle and Queen and now it just evolves.The problem is there is too many rudi's and trendy's so the music mainly is pop,rnb,rap,mc and all that other bu** s***.
Tue 11/02/03 at 22:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Good Chips.

Now buy Siamese Dream.

:D
Tue 11/02/03 at 21:05
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
And I agree with Cyclone.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Punk rules.

My rock music rules.

Enough said.

If I classify Audioslave as rock, and Little Richard as rock and roll.

I don't listen to nu-metal or metal.

But I do to punk and rock.

So.

Thats what i think.....
Tue 11/02/03 at 17:23
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
'Rock', 'Punk', 'Metal'... all are dead from a certain perspective.

If you take the view that 'true' rock is dead then you are saying modern 'rock' is a different genre. You can take that view or take the view that rock has evolved. Invariably, in someone's eyes the genre is dead either because it has moved on and they haven't, so they're still listening to the 'classics' insisting "this is how rock should be done!" or because people believe that whatever genre has evolved so much that it has become a new sub-genre...

Take punk for example (you knew that was coming). I could go on a rant about how there is no 'true' punk anymore, saying that 'true' punk ended with the 80's Hardcore wave. I could also take the view that punk is still very much alive and kicking but it has evolved (although many bands, especially in the HC genre, still cling to old formulas). On the other hand, I could rant that punk is dead because it HASN'T evolved and since it's been going for over 25 years now it has become stale, and part of the music institution it originally rebelled against...

Whatever happens, not everyone will be happy with the direction any genre takes, which is why talking about a genres direction as a whole isn't very useful... you always get artists in any genre that become bigger 'commercial hits' than other artists in the same genre and others that remain 'underground'. There are going to be loads of artists in any genre each moving in different directions, so instead of pondering if rock is or isn't dead why not just try and find some new rock bands you like and enjoy them. Then you will know rock is not dead.
Tue 11/02/03 at 11:36
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Rock is dead. Well, Bon Jovi is almost dead, and he's the only one left. Media nowadays has taken sub-genre inventing to new levels, and rock just doesnt exist anymore.

Move with the times or live in the past.
Tue 11/02/03 at 09:23
bands like slipknot and korn are good bands, but you seem too find thatb how good they are drop after 1,000,000 albums are sold cause they run out of material and resort to using the same songs but with an extra guitar sand different words.

what do you think real rock music is?
Mon 10/02/03 at 22:52
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
You ask me why I think that and I say. . . when you're this bigger fan and study every piece of their work like the bible, you get to know things about them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.