GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some Anime DVD's....."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/02/03 at 15:32
Regular
Go on, please. I used to love all this kind of stuff when i was younger but I kinda grew out of it, for some reason i've got an urge to watch some now though.

To give you an idea of the kind of stuff I'm lookin for i'll list a few of the ones i've enjoyed in the past.

Devil Man, Tokyo Doomed Megapolis, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Dominion Tank Police, AD Police, Cyber City OEDO, Geno Cyber, Venus Wars and a few others that i can't remember.

As long as it's got plenty of action and it's not slow paced then good, good. I'm not intrested in the weird Japenease soap type weirdfests like Urusei Yatsura.

So go for it, list some, they need to be available on DVD though.
Mon 10/02/03 at 15:32
Regular
Go on, please. I used to love all this kind of stuff when i was younger but I kinda grew out of it, for some reason i've got an urge to watch some now though.

To give you an idea of the kind of stuff I'm lookin for i'll list a few of the ones i've enjoyed in the past.

Devil Man, Tokyo Doomed Megapolis, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Dominion Tank Police, AD Police, Cyber City OEDO, Geno Cyber, Venus Wars and a few others that i can't remember.

As long as it's got plenty of action and it's not slow paced then good, good. I'm not intrested in the weird Japenease soap type weirdfests like Urusei Yatsura.

So go for it, list some, they need to be available on DVD though.
Mon 10/02/03 at 15:35
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Street Fighter: The Movie (no, not the cheesy real-life one). This is one of the best Anime films around though. I haven't seen the sequel, but I've heard it's even better than the first.

Now go get it you big girl.
Mon 10/02/03 at 15:36
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
R2?

Try 'Blood the last vampire'

I enjoyed it
Mon 10/02/03 at 16:01
Regular
Expletive Deleted wrote:
> Street Fighter: The Movie (no, not the cheesy real-life one). This is
> one of the best Anime films around though.

Used to have it on video, twas sweet.

Any DVD Region by the way.
Mon 10/02/03 at 16:48
"possibly impossible"
Evangelion (on cdwow.com) Region 0 (hell of a series, but you can get them cheap individually).
Perfect Blue
Robotech series.
Macross (several DVDs for sale at the moment).
Mon 10/02/03 at 18:03
Regular
Akira
Perfect Blue
Street Fighter 2
Maybe Urotsukidoji, if you aren't too young.
Mon 10/02/03 at 18:56
Regular
Urotsukidoji
Mon 10/02/03 at 21:22
Regular
Asher D wrote:

> Maybe Urotsukidoji, if you aren't too young.

Is 20 too young?

Had a look round for this but I don't think an uncut version is available other than in Japanease language with no subtitles. Can't be buying stupid cut versions.

La Blue Girl is another one that was banned in this country, they've got the uncut version on DVD though from what i've read it's just one of those stupid Hentai films.

Perfect Blue, Bubblegum Crisis. Dirty Pair and a double pack of Cyber City OEDO + Tokyo Babylon all look pretty intresting.

Anyone seen the Bubblegum Crisis or Dirty Pair films?

I've read the Manga and was wondering if they're any good.
Mon 10/02/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
Asher D wrote:
> Akira
> Perfect Blue
> Street Fighter 2
> Maybe Urotsukidoji, if you aren't too young.

Akira-THE Classic
Perfect Blue- Hitcock of Anime
Street Fighter 2- excellent action

all greats except maybe overfiend, funny at parts but way to much hentai

Street Fighter Alpha- see SF2
Blood the Last Vampire- amazing animation
Gunbuster- only has subs but excellent, dont watch the end if your feeling down
Any Rurouni Kenshin you can find- try the manga aswell

+tons more but some of the best are difficult to get in uk
Mon 10/02/03 at 23:52
Regular
"That's right!"
Akira was... alright, I guess. Kinda wish I hadn't wasted £9.99 on it though.

And I heard the sequel to Street Fighter 2 isn't as good, and I know that the animation certainly isn't as good (I've seen bits of it on Sci Fi)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.