GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some Anime DVD's....."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/02/03 at 15:32
Regular
Go on, please. I used to love all this kind of stuff when i was younger but I kinda grew out of it, for some reason i've got an urge to watch some now though.

To give you an idea of the kind of stuff I'm lookin for i'll list a few of the ones i've enjoyed in the past.

Devil Man, Tokyo Doomed Megapolis, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Dominion Tank Police, AD Police, Cyber City OEDO, Geno Cyber, Venus Wars and a few others that i can't remember.

As long as it's got plenty of action and it's not slow paced then good, good. I'm not intrested in the weird Japenease soap type weirdfests like Urusei Yatsura.

So go for it, list some, they need to be available on DVD though.
Sun 16/02/03 at 19:31
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I dont know if anyones said this yet but, 'Ninja Scroll' is really good.
Sun 16/02/03 at 09:19
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Gunsmith Cats
Burn Upw

If you can stomach the shipping times, Ebay is a good place to get hold of subtitled anime, especially series like Macross 7, Chobits, Love Hina, e.t.c. Most ship from Hong Kong - so I'm pretty sure they are not 100% official - but the quality is as good as any DVD you'll get over here, the subs are good, and you can get series which - bar a miracle - we'll never see here.

Ah My Goddess the movie is also out in, I think, April, and as someone has said, Patlabor is excellent - though at times slow but to me that's its appeal.

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 16/02/03 at 03:03
Regular
"Raised from oblivio"
Perfect Blue, Metropolis, Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth + NGE: The End of Evangelion (out 21/02/03)+ NGE: The TV series, Martian Successor Nadesico: The TV series. And if you can put up with a load of mindless voilence and demonic sex, quiet a good, if a little confusing story can be found in the four Urotsukidoji (overfiend) films, which are:
Legend of the Overfiend, Legend of the demon Womb, Return of the Overfiend and Inferno Road. Be warned though these are Hentai, and very graphic, even my dad couldn't watch one and he had to turn it off after ten minutes (or so he said). If you get the UK versions of the last two films a lot of the really bad stuff has been cut.
Thu 13/02/03 at 21:11
Regular
Princess Mononoke is good, clean fun.
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:23
Regular
"I'm Great."
evangelion and nadesico, (fisrt discs), are out on dvd in mvc.
I saw them today.
Well worth getting if they release them in full boxsets each
Wed 12/02/03 at 11:23
"Darkness, always"
Fun things to watch if you don't mind subtitles:

Urusei Yatsura
Oh My Goddess!
DNA²
Wed 12/02/03 at 11:21
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
A good website to look at for anime dvds is the aptly named animeondvd.com.
They have many many reviews, news and info, good for anyone interested in anime dvds.
Tue 11/02/03 at 23:05
Regular
"I'm Great."
Sure
I gotta watch the movie like I said
Tue 11/02/03 at 23:02
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
How come i've never seen Macross?
Lemme borrow it!
Tue 11/02/03 at 22:58
Regular
"I'm Great."
I've seen the movies before.
Just watched the episodes 1-4
on that triple dvd set that was released here
about year agoish

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.