GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This new fangle PSP thing.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/09/05 at 13:41
Regular
... is it worth it then?

Apart from playing games, what can it do exactly? Can it go online anywhere or do you need to be in a WiFi hotspot or something? Can you only play games online or can you browse the interweb etc?
Thu 01/09/05 at 13:48
Regular
Righty it will.....

Let you surf the web from a hotspot, although the browser does not support Java, Flash or ActiveX.

Store files on a memory stick duo (pro or otherwise).

These stored files include images, .bmp .jpg .gif etc etc. You can transfer yous digi-cam pics to this and show them off without having to print them out if you wanted.

It will play movies. A whole DVD rip will fit onto a 1Gb memory stick, and you canget music videos and stuff coming out for it.

Music. It plays MP3s, atrac3 and atrac3plus. I use atrac3plus and have 157 files taking up only 289Mb on my card with excellent sound quality.

You can buy UMD movies, UMD music videos will be out soon too.

Then there are the games, which is the whole point of this thing anyway.

As for playing online, you cna use the Wi-Fi ad-hoc mode with most games to play someone within 30ft of you. Some games, the only one I know of so far is Twisted Metal, let you use Wi-Fi infrastructure mode (i.e. connecting to a server and playing someone miles away) over the internet.

Hope that helps a bit :).
Thu 01/09/05 at 13:41
Regular
... is it worth it then?

Apart from playing games, what can it do exactly? Can it go online anywhere or do you need to be in a WiFi hotspot or something? Can you only play games online or can you browse the interweb etc?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.