GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This new fangle PSP thing.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/09/05 at 13:41
Regular
... is it worth it then?

Apart from playing games, what can it do exactly? Can it go online anywhere or do you need to be in a WiFi hotspot or something? Can you only play games online or can you browse the interweb etc?
Fri 02/09/05 at 00:10
Regular
One pixel on my PSP started to stay white after the screen goes all black, about 2 weeks after I got it.

Works fine whilst the screen is actually doing things though.

How often are you likely to have a black screen whilst playing the PSP anyway? Only between menu screens and whilst loading, probably.
Thu 01/09/05 at 19:49
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Your Honour wrote:
> What's this I'm seeing mentioned in some threads about dead pixels?

I think there were reports about dead pixels on American PSP's. Me and my mate bought our PSP's today though and they're both fine.
Thu 01/09/05 at 19:27
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> What's this I'm seeing mentioned in some threads about dead pixels?

There have been reports of some units having the odd dead pixel, but I'd be reluctant to say it's a major issue. There are people posting here who have them, but say that it doesn't affect the enjoyment at all.

About a year ago, I bought a Sony Clie NX-70V palmtop, and had read lots of reports on the net about the screens on those (also large, colour LCD screens) having dead pixels. I bought one anyway, and the screen is perfect.

Same with the PSP. Have read lots of reports, but mine arrived today and is absolutely fine.

It is apparently quite a common issue with LCD screens. Google the appropriate words, and you can find plenty of similar problems with the DS.
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Divine Davine"
The PSP is good, the amount of stuff crammed in it is amazing, but the games don't 'do it' for me. The DS is far more innovative and interesting to play, but then again, you can't really compare the two. You want all of today's modern technology crammed into one? Get a PSP.

Have to admit, Wipeout is pretty good though.
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:14
Regular
What's this I'm seeing mentioned in some threads about dead pixels? Don't tell me you could have had one on pre-order for months, then when you get it some of the screen is knackered, only you can't get a new one because they are out of stock.

Nice.
Thu 01/09/05 at 13:59
Regular
Bullett wrote:
> After comparing music storage sizes, I think I'm going to follow suit
> with Bonus and go with Atrac3Plus :D

There's a link in my new user quaestion and answer thread for the Sonic Stage 3.2 software you need to convert files to atrac3plus and transfer them to PSP.

They don't go in the music folder, they don't work from there :).
Thu 01/09/05 at 13:57
Regular
I've had mine since the beginning of July, nice Canadian model.

My only complaint is that the games are too expensive for what most of them are. Importing them is cheaper.

£30 for Ape Academy, I don't think so :).

PSP games are region free, so you could import twisted metal :).

I definately like it though, and it'll be even more appreciated once I need to start bussing it to work and back every day.
Thu 01/09/05 at 13:56
Regular
Currently on my 1Gb memory stick, I have the full version of Anchorman (not the entire DVD, just the movie) which takes up 411Mb, then 83 MP3s taking up a whopping 482Mb, then a load of game saves and photos. I still have 27Mb free too.

After comparing music storage sizes, I think I'm going to follow suit with Bonus and go with Atrac3Plus :D
Thu 01/09/05 at 13:55
Regular
Ok, cheers :-)

Sounds pretty good. I take it you're chuffed with yours?
Thu 01/09/05 at 13:53
Regular
Twisted Metal has been replaced in the UK by Fired Up - it's the same kind of game and still allows you to play online.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.