GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Those new Mario games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/05 at 12:42
Regular
Well, with no Zelda, I've decided to look at what IS on offer for the Gamecube this christmas.

I am likely to give the whole Pokemon game a miss. I am likely to get the new King Kong game (it looks smashing) but regarding first party titles, I am not so sure.

The poor reviews of Geist will not deter me from getting it, yet Battalion Wars needs to really impress.

There are of course a whole host of Mario games. Baseball is nothing more than a 80% rated game by the looks of it and it is hardly my sport. If strikers is any good I may give that a go and Dance Dance Revolution with Mario? Maybe if my girlfriend likes it.

And then there is SSX and my does it look good. Never been a huge fan of the SSX series but this new game looks superb, and now complete with its very own Nintendo village and characters.

Naturally Mario Party is out of the question.

Yes, so Nintendo are rapeing Mario again... but at least it means I notice the games.
Fri 02/09/05 at 20:11
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Yes, so Nintendo are rapeing Mario again... but at least it means I
> notice the games.

Dringo officially loses all right to complain about prison jokes. If you're going to shove the opportunities down peoples' throats...
Fri 02/09/05 at 18:16
Regular
I won't be getting GC games this Christmas, it's all DS games for me (and saving up for a Xbox 360)
Fri 02/09/05 at 17:47
Regular
But SSX has an entire new section surrounding Mario in the Gamecube version.

And I've never heard of this "reduced moves".
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:48
Regular
Prince of Persia 3 and SSX On Tour are probably the only games I want this Christmas. Not that I plan on getting them on the Gamecube though, SSX3 has a load of tricks removed for the GC version because the controller didn't have enough buttons.

I don't really know enough or care enough about Geist to actually warrant me getting it, and the new Mario games look like generic tat. The next gen games don't even look that awesome either, maybe PD Zero, but no one really knows anything about how it plays. I'll just stick with good old POP and SSX. And maybe F.E.A.R, if only for it's weirdly acronymous name.
Fri 02/09/05 at 13:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Well apparently it's a good little adventure/puzzle/ghost game, with too many poor quality FPS sections tacked on.

Anyway, none of the mario games look worth getting unless they're about £15, and even then I wouldn't get them. I've never really been a big Mario sports fan, mainly because you can buy more realistic versions of the sports that are both deeper and more fun to play (Virtua Tennis > Mario Tennis, Tiger Woods > Mario Golf, All Star Baseball/MLB Baseball > Mario Baseball, ISS > Mario Strikers).

However, there's always Fire Emblem, King Kong and SSXOT like you say, but don't forget Spartan Total Warrior, Gun (if it's released this side of chrimbo), CoD BRO and that new True Crime game.

Really, though, it's all about the DS. You know you want to get one really, if only for Mario Kart.
Fri 02/09/05 at 13:04
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Meh, Geist looks like a bog standard FPS to me :(
Fri 02/09/05 at 13:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Geist got 7.5 or summat I saw, not too bad.
Fri 02/09/05 at 13:02
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Yeah, the GC this crimbo seems to be pretty weak, yet Fire Emblem and WWE D.O.R 2 seem to look quite appealing.

As for Mario, Nintendo are just milking the poor bloke. Dance Dance and Baseball looks good, but Strikers just looks stupid, personally.

However, this year it's gotta be handed over to the DS. Nintendogs will be asbsolutely huge over here, I bet you, and as for Mario kart, Wi Fi, Advance Wars, Castlevania, Tony Hawks... it's gonna be huge.

Plus, I really think the PSP won't appeal this Xmas. Yeah, the launch line up is pretty damn strong, but there really isn't enough games coming out that is worth buying the console alone for. A price drop is inevitable though....
Fri 02/09/05 at 12:54
Regular
"Catch it!"
Killer 7 is only £20 because its offer of the week.
Fri 02/09/05 at 12:54
Regular
"not dead"
Is it? Wow, I guess it hasn't sold well so far then.

But then again, what does in July/ August?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.