GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Those new Mario games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/05 at 12:42
Regular
Well, with no Zelda, I've decided to look at what IS on offer for the Gamecube this christmas.

I am likely to give the whole Pokemon game a miss. I am likely to get the new King Kong game (it looks smashing) but regarding first party titles, I am not so sure.

The poor reviews of Geist will not deter me from getting it, yet Battalion Wars needs to really impress.

There are of course a whole host of Mario games. Baseball is nothing more than a 80% rated game by the looks of it and it is hardly my sport. If strikers is any good I may give that a go and Dance Dance Revolution with Mario? Maybe if my girlfriend likes it.

And then there is SSX and my does it look good. Never been a huge fan of the SSX series but this new game looks superb, and now complete with its very own Nintendo village and characters.

Naturally Mario Party is out of the question.

Yes, so Nintendo are rapeing Mario again... but at least it means I notice the games.
Sun 04/09/05 at 11:40
Regular
Started off Okay... but petered out.
Sat 03/09/05 at 18:47
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Well the best reason the own a GC is the sheer wealth of decent RPG's that are on it.

Tales Of Symphonia? Baten Kaitos? Paper Mario? Skies Of Arcadia? Harvest Moon? All of them are cracking titles.

However, I am horribly disappointed with the line up this year. Oh well.
Sat 03/09/05 at 18:14
Regular
Not a massive fan of the Metroid Prime style, I have double dash and Harvest Moon.

DS, and handheld games in general, don't really light up my world. I have a GBA SP, that'll do for a while.

I look forward to Nintendo's Revolution controller unveiling with a small hope of something refreshing.

Failing that, Zelda tops my list and that's about it.

Rumour: Mario Kart Arcade to be Revolution launch title...

ohhhhhh.
Sat 03/09/05 at 14:09
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> I mean if I am such a "massive" Nintendo fan boy, explain
> the fact I don't have a DS and don't plan to get one?

Why not? There's so many amazing games coming out for it. There's going to be Metroid Hunters online (and great single player), Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing and much more
Sat 03/09/05 at 12:46
"period drama"
Nah, Dringo's a bit more subdued these days ... but there's still many, many games to own before Gesit.
Sat 03/09/05 at 12:40
Regular
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> FFF, there's no stopping him if it's made by Ninty or a second
> developer he WILL buy it. I bet he has Pokemon Channel :P

What the hell????

Do I have Donkey Konga 2? Nope. Mario Party 6? Nope!

In fact Starfox is all I got and that was because I won it. I wouldn't have got it otherwise.

I'm into online gaming at the moment. Nintendo, since March, have bored the hell outta me!

I mean if I am such a "massive" Nintendo fan boy, explain the fact I don't have a DS and don't plan to get one?
Sat 03/09/05 at 12:39
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Yeah, import Zelda in time for Christmas!
>
> But whatever you do, don't get Geist. Seriously, Dringo, big mistake
> - take those fanboy 'oooh! but it was supposed to be good!' glasses
> off at once. It' bad, and that's that.

But it has got a series of good/solid reviews. NGC aside.

I'm no fanboy anymore. A mere supporter of Nintendo.
Sat 03/09/05 at 08:51
Regular
FFF, there's no stopping him if it's made by Ninty or a second developer he WILL buy it. I bet he has Pokemon Channel :P
Fri 02/09/05 at 21:56
"period drama"
Yeah, import Zelda in time for Christmas!

But whatever you do, don't get Geist. Seriously, Dringo, big mistake - take those fanboy 'oooh! but it was supposed to be good!' glasses off at once. It' bad, and that's that.

And you'll really need a DS soon enough.
Fri 02/09/05 at 20:24
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
import fire emblem/zelda thx

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.