GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Game Ever?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/09/05 at 21:30
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Mario Kart for SNES.
Mon 05/09/05 at 01:01
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Skies of Arcadia Legends or Zelda: Link's Awakening.
Sun 04/09/05 at 23:04
Regular
I got a SNES off ebay to see what all the fuss was about and a lot of people must look at that thing with Rose tinted glasses.

Mario Kart on the SNES was maybe good at the time, but why anyone would prefer it to Double Dash completely baffles me.

Things have definately moved on for the better.
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:55
Regular
"0228"
I think I've become thick. That made little sense to me.
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
See all of those are great games, and if you count playing time as a measure of greatness then Super Mario World would be up there with the best of them, but I could never put a driving game or a fighting game as my favourite. I'm much more of a storyline/action/adventure/shooty type of man myself.
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:50
Regular
"0228"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Super Mario World.

Agreed.
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:45
Regular
"You've upset me"
Fair play.

In order, my top 5 would be:

1) Mario World
2) Street Fighter II
3) Maro Kart / MK64 (never have been able to decide between those two)
4) Perfect Dark / Goldeneye (same)
5) Donkey Kong Country

I'm very much a SNES man :-D
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
SNES games were aight but I'm much more of a post SNES man. I enjoyed the old SNES, Mega Drive, NES Master system and even Sinclair games that I had, but they really weren't as good as the games that I've listed.
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:39
Regular
"You've upset me"
gerrid listed:
> stuff

All post SNES era games bar LTTP. Interesting.
Sun 04/09/05 at 22:06
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'll just keep it Nintendo I think.

Mine has to be Goldeneye. Mario 64, The Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4 and The Ocarnia Of Time all come pretty close.
Sun 04/09/05 at 21:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Ocarina of Time

but here are some others worth a mention

Operation Flashpoint, Shenmue, Mafia, Shogun/Rome Total War, Zelda Link to the past, Advance Wars, ISS '98, WWF No Mercy, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, Pilotwings, GTA3, Hitman 2, Baten Katos, Metroid Prime/2, Resi 4,

this list is getting way too long.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.