GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grixs live X-Box update!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/01/01 at 17:37
Regular
Bill Gates is wearing a blue shirt.

I'll keep you informed.
Sat 06/01/01 at 20:04
Regular
"Whatever!"
I like the sound of X - Box, shame we have to wait another year though!!
Sat 06/01/01 at 20:01
Regular
We didn't watch it, no there was no wrestling luckily, there was no games, just a speech and it showed the gloomy looking X-box off.
GameCube may be better than it was though to be.
Sat 06/01/01 at 19:59
Regular
where did u watch this?What did the WWF demo look like.Did you see the ring or just the rock?
Sat 06/01/01 at 19:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Two things stood out for me in the live cast:

1) Bill Gates doing a high-five and nearly getting knocked over backwards, that was funny.

2) The amazing graphics on the WWF demo, it REALLY looked as if The Rock was standing there and interacting with Bill Gates on stage. I mean, with images like that at the demo stage, what else does the X-Box have in store for us?

I also noted that Bill Gates was emphasising the fact that he was only one fifth the size of everyone else on stage, you'd have thought he'd have stood on an orange crate or something. He mentioned something about missing a couple of nVidia chips. He didn't have to. We've known that for years.

The time delay for playing music was quite interesting on the palm top. I suppose music always sound better after a few minutes silence, clever of them to have built that in.

The voice recognition was obviously a fake, I mean you could see the presenter just pressing the paste button with his thumb each time he finished a sentence.

Ah well. Looks like the PS2 is the more attractive alternative for now. Maybe later, Bill.
Sat 06/01/01 at 19:23
Regular
IT looks crap.
And he picked the wrong time cos' look at my new topic!
Sat 06/01/01 at 18:28
Regular
Well that was VERY disapointing.

The console and controller were shown. And two games were played. Munches Oddessy, and Malice.

Munches Oddessy - Graphically nice, but didn't look fun whatsoever.

Malice - Looked very good, some great game aspects, and certainly looked fun, and easy to control.

And two more games were mentioned - WWF game, and Tony Hawks 2.

What a load of pap. Yes, Malice looks good, but that was certainly not worth watching.

And this ends my live report.
Sat 06/01/01 at 18:26
Hmmm XBox jobs maybe ill say summin here as well.
Sat 06/01/01 at 18:22
Regular
Oh God... How much did they pay The Rock... He's speaking lines like a parrot...
Sat 06/01/01 at 18:21
Regular
Tony Hawks 2 is being released on it as well...
And WWF as well.

Oh look, it's The Rock, he looks quite large next to Bill Gates.

Sat 06/01/01 at 18:16
They have MPEG4 now, cool

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.